Winter Weather

BIGHOSS

501 Club
Let's have a weather update. Still warm here in TN, but rain has started. Mixed precipitation forcasted with much colder temps on the way.

How about the temps in Colorado, Bob? I have heard reports of -20 to -30 wind chills.
 
Today
Dec 5
80°F
64°F
AM Showers
CHANCE OF RAIN:
30%

WIND:
S at 13 mph
Details
Fri
Dec 6
80°
64°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
20%

WIND:
S at 12 mph
Details
Sat
Dec 7
70°
59°
Few Showers
CHANCE OF RAIN:
30%

WIND:
WNW at 5 mph
Details
Sun
Dec 8
79°
64°
AM Clouds / PM Sun
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%

WIND:
SSE at 10 mph
Details
 
Ron, It had warmed up to -2 when I got up this morning. I don't think we'll get into double digits for our highs for a couple more days. Sue had me get a water heater blanket to wrap around the horse waterer just in case (it has a heating coil, but the water will freeze over when it's this cold for more than a few days. We'll be okay, but the predicted ice storms as the front moves east may cause some power outages. The ski areas are ecstatic with several feet of "champagne" powder, although it will only be for the hearty, well dressed skiier right now. :D

Bob
 
Mr E":zlphrs7d said:
Today
Dec 5
80°F
64°F
AM Showers
CHANCE OF RAIN:
30%

WIND:
S at 13 mph
Details
Fri
Dec 6
80°
64°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
20%

WIND:
S at 12 mph
Details
Sat
Dec 7
70°
59°
Few Showers
CHANCE OF RAIN:
30%

WIND:
WNW at 5 mph
Details
Sun
Dec 8
79°
64°
AM Clouds / PM Sun
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%

WIND:
SSE at 10 mph
Details

Uh, pardon me, Mr. E. I could be mistaken, but I believe BIGHOSS was inquiring about winter (as in, cold) weather. Although I have to admit, Saturday's high of 70°F does look a bit dicey. :lol: Enjoy it anyway, for us!

Temps fell through the day yesterday to below freezing. This morning, 16°F and flurries. Calling for lows in the single digits for the next two nights. Also calling for a bigger snow end of Sunday.
 
winter.jpg
 
Apart from the first week in November, it has been dry and mild (good golfing weather) in November. December has started rather cool temps 7-9Cel and gale force winds last night with power outages. Settled today with normal temps of 7-9Cel although it feels much colder, wit a hint of snow forecast for the hills.
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.
 
DSCN0462.JPGGot up to this weather Friday morning. Not much snow yet, but ice under it. Called the boss and said I would be in as soon as the county plowed and cindered the road. He said stay home till Monday. :D Not much call for mower repair this time of year. Guess I will go fire up the wood stove in the barn and work on a project or two.

Rodney 8)
 
Rodney, my daughter, son-in-law and grand daughter left Georgia this morning around 5 headed to Salem. It was in the high 60's here this morning, looking at your picture I would say they are in for a little surprise. I don't think they even own clothes for that kind of weather.
You'll try to stay warm.
( It's in the 70's now in Georgia. I didn't have to run the a/c all night last night, just most of the night.)
Roy
 
The weather here in Pittsburgh has been rain most of the day with that changing to sleet/freezing rain about an hour ago.
 
Six inches of snow on the porch railing at 5:00 p.m. and has stopped snowing. Have not seen a county snow plow yet. Going to have to get the Cub out in the morning. :{_}: :{_}:

Rodney 8)
 
:sunning: Dec 7
70°
59°
Few Showers
CHANCE OF RAIN:
30%

Mr E,

I guess a cold front is moving through. I think you should get the tractor out and push some of that white sand around and pretend its snow.
 
We are told snow but haven't seen anything yet except just enough to be able to see a tire track in the drive. This area is funny, get west of here 25 miles and they have been buried a couple of times. This is quite common due to lake effect snow (Lake Michigan). Way colder than normal and windy. Vern
 
I've got more snow than temperature this morning.
7" of snow
6 degrees of temperature (and that's up from the overnight low)
 
Looks like everyone is having fun, though I am not sure if Jim has snow or just a heavy frost. :lol: I have about the same as Scrivet (only 4 miles away), 7 inches of snow and now about 10 degrees, but last night we went to -4. Haven't seen it that cold at my place in 2 or 3 years, and don't want to see it again either. :evil:
 
There seems to be about a half inch of ice on everything. My rain gauge has about 1/2 inch of fairly clear ice in the bottom, followed by about as much of a mixture of accumulated sleet and pellets. It may get a bit above freezing tomorrow, certainly on Tuesday. That will be the next round of damage -- as the ice starts to break up and fall out of the trees in chunks. You don't want to be under one when it lets go!
 
John *.?-!.* cub owner":n2dyzoi0 said:
Looks like everyone is having fun, though I am not sure if Jim has snow or just a heavy frost. :lol: I have about the same as Scrivet (only 4 miles away), 7 inches of snow and now about 10 degrees, but last night we went to -4. Haven't seen it that cold at my place in 2 or 3 years, and don't want to see it again either. :evil:
Looks to me like Jim has a load of ice. Lots of broken branches. Beginning to snow. Vern
 
Back
Top