Seat post and Spring

After liberally oiling it, get someone with some weight on him to climb up on that seat & start jumping up & down. This should work, as long as the pan seat is solid 🤞!
(Make sure he has something to hang on to!)
 
it really is confortable when they work right. i have taken it apart cleaned it and oiled it as i put it back together. you have to put some weight on seat to remove the bolts holding the stop in place.
 
Remove the key (anti-rotation device) and after use some type penetrating oil on it and of twist the post to free it up. I've used this method with great success.
 
Remove the key (anti-rotation device) and after use some type penetrating oil on it and of twist the post to free it up. I've used this method with great success.
key (it's reference #4 on the parts list and described as "guide") Stan
 

Attachments

  • cub pan seat key.jpg
    cub pan seat key.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 5
  • cub pan seat.jpg
    cub pan seat.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 5
Mine was froze up when I got it, soaked with penetrating oil for several days took the pan off so I could hit the top with a big hammer and tapped the post numerous times. It took a while but it finally freed up. Be careful, I had the stop removed and when it finally freed up it flew out. If I remember right there is a preload on the spring. While you're at it, check the bracket that bolts to the platform, I later had mine let lose (rusted) on the left side allowing me and the seat to tip right.
 
Back
Top