Picked up a John Deere BO at auction

Took a few pics of the first reduction shaft showing the gear, spacer, outer bearing, washer, and nut. These are the parts that need to clamp together with no play to locate the gear and shaft in the proper location. The pic of the cover shows the 2 snap ring grooves that hold the outer bearing in place.
 

Attachments

  • 100_9282-m.JPG
    100_9282-m.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_9290-m.JPG
    100_9290-m.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_9289-m.JPG
    100_9289-m.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_9287-m.JPG
    100_9287-m.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_9286-m.JPG
    100_9286-m.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_9285-m.JPG
    100_9285-m.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_9283-m.JPG
    100_9283-m.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 6
After looking at the clutch fork/pulley brake assy I noticed I got the fork on backwards. Pulled the snap ring and flipped it around so it should be good now. Knocked the clutch pulley bearing out to repack it and found it kind of rough. Need to order a new one. Bolted the first reduction cover down. Now I just need a new bearing before I can install the pulley and clutch fork.
 

Attachments

  • 100_9286-m.JPG
    100_9286-m.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_9300-m.JPG
    100_9300-m.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_9303-m.JPG
    100_9303-m.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_9302-m.JPG
    100_9302-m.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_9301-m.JPG
    100_9301-m.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_9296-m.JPG
    100_9296-m.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_9299-m.JPG
    100_9299-m.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 4
I'm always forgetting to look at the parts tractor when I need something. Checked the pulley bearing and it was brand new and luckily didn't rust while sitting for years. John Deere wants $64 + tax for one. Free sounds good to me and I can put it together tomorrow if I get a chance.
 

Attachments

  • 100_9304-m.JPG
    100_9304-m.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_9305-m.JPG
    100_9305-m.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_9306-m.JPG
    100_9306-m.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_9307-m.JPG
    100_9307-m.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top