IS IT WORTH SOMETHING????

:shock: OUFF :!: :o WHAT A STORY JOHN.....I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU,

:wink: BUT YOU MUST HAVE DONE SOMTHING RIGHT SOME WHERE SOME TIME. I GUESS I WILL DISCOVER MORE AS I GO ALONG :P :lol: 8)


TO EVERY ONE RESPONSABLE : BRAVO...BRAVO :wink:

GILLES
 
GILLES wrote
THE BIG QUESTION IS IT A COLLECTABLE TOY OR NOT.

I restored an H last summer on full steel for a relative. I don't believe at this time the H is a collectable and would be more of a toy.

Steve
 
Gilles:

I sort of agree with the others on this. In the US the H is a very common tractor and I guess to restore one would be more along the lines of having a really nice toy to play with, but would not be worth a lot as a collectors item.

However, that being said, I have not seen an awful lot of H's here in the maritimes, restored or not.. actually I really only know of maybe a 1/2 dozen. I am not sure how common they are in la belle province... so that would be a determining factor as well.

Either way, it would still be a fun project for one inclined to do so. My buddy Gord Trail has restored his H -- and it is a nice toy to go along side his Super A. I think the H was his father's though...

The only one who can really decide Gilles, is you.. think about it and if you want to get into a large, large project.......
 
Gilles,

Collectibility or rarity shouldn't really be a factor in selecting a project. This is a hobby, not a profit making venture. The most profitable thing would be to not start at all! Having said all that, the H can be a worthwhile project and you will end up with a rock solid tractor.

Here's Mike when he was still a project... and yes, the paint is IH 2150 w/o hardener.

Mike_1.jpg
 
:roll: I MUST SAY WHAT A NICE GIANT...I DID BY IT AND WILL START RESTO. THIS SPRING, AFTER BABY CUB. :lol: LIKE YOU ALL SAY...... IT,S A PERSONAL LOVE AFFAIRE :P


THANK'S GILLES :wink: :) :D :) 8)
 
I LOVE MINE.ITS OLD,DON'T LOOK NICE, BUT ITS BIG AND IT PULLS HARD.CUTS FIELDS WITH THE BRUSH HOG AND IS A BLAST TO RIDE OVER TO FRIENDS HOUSES.IT WILL BE PRETTY SOME DAY[A WORK IN PROGRESS].KETCHAM
 
For the most part, if you are going to restore a Farmall (well), do it for your own enjoyment because you're not going to get your money back. ;)
 
Back
Top