IS IT WORTH SOMETHING????

trac48

501 Club
:? SOMEBODY OFFERD ME A BIG 1950 ???? LOOKS LIKE MY CUB BUT BIGGER INT'TL. IT'S RUNNING, BUT HAS 2 FRONT WEELS TOGETHER ...

IS IT WORTH THE EFFORT.
:oops:

GILLES
 
:roll: NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD ....I WOOD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO IDENTIFY IT, THAN, WHAT SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR AS EVENTUAL
PROBLEMS

THANKS,
:wink:
GILLES
 
Look for a serial number tag. If it has one, it will tell you the basic model. We can go from there. Or maybe a picture if you can get one and e-mail it to someone to post.
 
Bigdog":1lzm19so said:
Look for a serial number tag. If it has one, it will tell you the basic model. We can go from there. Or maybe a picture if you c
an get one and e-mail it to someone to post.
:wink: I DO WHAT I CAN LAST REMARK WAS UNNECESSARY.... :shock:
THANKS ANYWAY. :D

GILLES
 
My apologies! I did not mean to offend you!

If it is a narrow front tractor with an offset operator's platform it is most likely a Farmall B or BN
 
GILLES":7n2jlrxu said:
Bigdog":7n2jlrxu said:
Look for a serial number tag. If it has one, it will tell you the basic model. We can go from there. Or maybe a picture if you c
an get one and e-mail it to someone to post.
:wink: I DO WHAT I CAN LAST REMARK WAS UNNECESSARY.... :shock:
THANKS ANYWAY. :D

GILLES

Am I missing something here? Did my computer fail to show the remark that offended? If anyone has a copy, please post it, or maybe I just need to buy a new computer, because I sure didn't see it. Shame on you Bigdog.
 
GILLES":1b3zsqzv said:
Bigdog":1b3zsqzv said:
Look for a serial number tag. If it has one, it will tell you the basic model. We can go from there. Or maybe a picture if you c
an get one and e-mail it to someone to post.
:wink: I DO WHAT I CAN LAST REMARK WAS UNNECESSARY.... :shock:
THANKS ANYWAY. :D

GILLES
I guess I will open my mouth. BigDog's comment was not meant to slight anyone. We have many people that have trouble posting pictures on the forum and BD, Donny M, and many more frequently post them for peple. His statement was an offer to help.
 
Oh oh!

un peu "soupe au lait" Gilles! :wink:

La barrière du language est quelquefois source de malentendus.
SI je peux apporter ma petite opinion;
il n'y a sur ce site que des personnes qui se font un devoir d'être serviables, aimable, pertinents, etc

donc, entre francophone, essayons ,à chaque fois que nous croyons déceler une pointe d'ironie dans les propos tenus, de donner le benéfice du doute à son auteur . et dans 99% des cas, nous éviterons des querelles absurdes.

to non french speakers : nothing offending, just laudating.
:wink:
 
Jeff:

In a nutshell this is what Yaume said:

"A little Milk Soup" Gilles;

The language barrier is sometimes a source of minunderstanding, at least in my humble opinion. This site is home to many people who try hard to provide serviceable (useful) information in a pertinent and happy atmosphere..

So just between fellow francophones, each time we think/feel/sense an ironic/unclear point, that we should give the benefit of the doubt to the author and in 99% of the time we would avoid misunderstandings.
This is paraphased and I translated (verified by my daughter) in a contextual manner so that the meaning not the exact word is translated. Intent, context and demeanour is everything when translating between languages. Nuances missed can spell disaster..

I do so hope I got it right Yaume..

je sai pour improvee mon francais... c'est un travail tres formidable :!: :wink: :D
 
yaume":3vm9j05x said:
I do so hope I got it right Yaume..

My poor english could even not let me try to imagine to be able to translate so well...

thank you Rudi

Ey's gots pore eninglish and ey lives hear :lol: :lol: :lol:

As friends we should understand that language can sometimes be a barrier. But language should never stop us from being friends.
When I was a kid, a young fella came over from France. Although he couldn't speak English and I couldn't speak French we became friends. We are still friends today although, I still can't speak French except for the bad words :wink: :lol: :lol:
8)
 
:wink: TO GET BACK TO THE TRACTOR : I WENT TO LOOK AT IT TODAY

I FOUND THE S/N FBH 36160 IT'S AN "H"

BY THE WAY IT'S NOT FREE BUT CHEAP GOOD TIRES AND COMPLETE...

THE BIG QUESTION IS IT A COLLECTABLE TOY OR NOT. :?: :?: :?:

8) GILLES
 
GILLES":1k2erjdl said:
IT'S AN "H". THE BIG QUESTION IS IT A COLLECTABLE TOY OR NOT. :?: :?: :?:

In central USA the H is still used as a work tractor. There are a lot of them out there. Quite a few come up for sale in the local want ads (newspapers) and auctions.

Locally, a running H in decent condition can be purchased for $1000- US dollars.

Just my opinion. The H is not a tractor to purchase to restore to original condition then sell. It's not a money maker. If you are looking for a cheap toy or a work tractor - maybe. It is not a collectors item.

Eugene
 
I agree with Eugene, they really look nice restored, especially if they have sentimental value, but are not money makers for restoral. H was one of the most common U.S. tractors made.

EJ%20and%20EJP.jpg
 
John *.?-!.* cub owner":2q0ovdk0 said:
I agree with Eugene, they really look nice restored, especially if they have sentimental value, but are not money makers for restoral. H was one of the most common U.S. tractors made.

I agree John. I see more Hs here on the Internet I think than anything else. I believe it is a "where you live" sort of thing and how much work you have to do for a tractor though. I'm sure there must have been some in my area at one time or another, but I have never once laid my eyes on a real H. Just pictures of them. (saw some at Brandon's house in KY, not here) And I have seen just one M in my lifetime. Around here you stumble on Cubs and Super As just trying to get to the store. Well, that may be an exaggeration, but there are more of them than anything.
 
Back
Top