This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

more cub cadets than I could count

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

more cub cadets than I could count

Postby Steve Butram » Sat May 21, 2005 7:36 am

The cub cadet must be Quite the collector's item these days . I just returned from Portland IN. Tha Tri State Tractor club Swap meet and I would be willing to bet there must have been @ 100 Cub cadets for sale in various conditions. So I would guess from what I saw the price of the Cub Cadets must be on the rise. Just my observation. Steve
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat May 21, 2005 4:40 pm

Hey Steve...All the early lawn & garden tractors like the Cub Cadet "Original" and the John Deere 110's & 112's have jumped in value now that they are 40+ years old. :D The Kohler 7, 8 & 10 h.p. tractors are worth more than the Tecumpsaw models. This is probably only going to escalate as the years go by :shock: ...Soooo, get on the band wagon and make sure you get some :D ! I'm now restoring my former John Deere 112 (1971 built) that I gave to my stepson (he left it out in the NH weather for 8 years without even a tarp over it!!!!) :evil: . The tires were flat...but that old 10 h.p. Kohler started right up with just FRESH gas and a NEW sparkplug and the points cleaned and re-gapped! I would guess that THAT'S another reason why these old, well-built L&G tractors are so sought after...NOW, if only George Willer & I could get that old and highly sought after! 8) !!!
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sat May 21, 2005 6:06 pm

I just returned from Portland, and yes there were lot's of Cub Cadets, and other brands, but actually the price of them is coming down compared to a couple of years ago, although there are still people that really don't know anything about them but have one or two (or pieces) to sell that think they are gold. I sold 3 Cub Cadets and some parts, but then had to buy 3 more to take their place. :lol: They were still coming in when I left about noon. I saw more Farmall Cubs for sale this year than in the past, but some of the asking prices may have needed some attention from what I saw.

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Sun May 22, 2005 7:51 am

Paul did you see George Willer there. He was up on the back section near the group of late model JD tractors? I also saw alot of 110-112 JD equipment. It appeared to me that the garden tractors out numbered the larger tractors. Steve
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sun May 22, 2005 2:21 pm

I saw someone drive by in a golf cart, that I thought was him.