This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

WARNING: Scam when selling large items

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JPatten
10+ Years
10+ Years

WARNING: Scam when selling large items

Postby JPatten » Mon May 17, 2004 2:36 pm

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to warn people about a scam. I posted my tractor for sale on this site and was contacted (e-mail) by someone claiming to be from the UK wanting to buy my tractor. After exchanging a few e-mails with this person I got real suspicious about him. He was not asking any real questions about the condition of the tractor. So I decided to do some research on the internet. This is what I found http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/scams/carsale.asp This describes almost the exact exchange this guy wanted me to do.

My gut feelings were correct.

I think I got the last laugh though. My last e-mail to the guy was requesting him to call me so we could discuss further. I gave him the phone number of the Secret Service that was listed at the bottom of the article above. :lol:

Joe

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 17, 2004 4:13 pm

I have seen several posts regarding this same scam on YTMAG and Red Power Magazine.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!