This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ford lgt

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
aceofspade
10+ Years
10+ Years

ford lgt

Postby aceofspade » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:34 am

has any one had any experiance with these tractors i can get an old lgt 120 and a newer lgt not sure of the model but it has an 18 horse kohler and its a hydro. i need a strong tractor that will pull a decent amount of weight and move trailors around where the truck wont fit. any insite will be great

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:57 pm

Had 2 in my lifetime. One was a true garden tractor,horizontal shaft 16 h.p. Kohler,shaft drive, Peerless(i think) Hydro. It was made for Ford by Textron. Virually indistructable. Pull a house, The other was a Ford made by Sperry Rand, more of a riding lawnmower type but still a strong piece of equipment. Seems that LG equipment made for Ford was good quality. Frank
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:22 pm

I have my Grandfathers Ford LGT 120 and I have to agree with Junkman it was made by Ford and was a workhorse. It's in pretty rough shape right now but I have a plan to get it restored for my future Grandson. From what I have seen the Ford versions by Textron were pretty tough little tractors.

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion