This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub small engine swap.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Spencerpearson31
Zip Code: 39111
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall cub
W McCormick Deere
1926 vb model John Deere cultivator

Re: Cub small engine swap.

Postby Spencerpearson31 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:36 pm

Well I have got my w6 as a small engine swap soon. The engine in it is bad off. And would be outrageous to fix . But parts on it are still good like the gov and I cleaned dip the kerosene org carb. And the head may still be good. Have a hand full of the shutters left from it and a rad. Think a 14hp k321 motor will do just fine in there. With I was thinking 3-1 gearing . The 14hp I rebuilt last year so it’s fresh

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby welderrx » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:04 am

I think about this every once in a while. It seems as soon as I take the Wagner Loader off the Cub , I have a need for it , then I see the parts Cub sitting there with it's freeze damaged engine and one of the Chinese Yanmar 10 horse air cooled diesel clone engines comes to mind, I imagine a variable sheave torque converter go cart drive hooked to the input shaft and a foot throttle and using the three speed as a range box . TJ

Spencerpearson31
Zip Code: 39111
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall cub
W McCormick Deere
1926 vb model John Deere cultivator

Postby Spencerpearson31 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:28 pm

My thoughts exactly. I am pulling the engine on the w6 now. And with the clutch disk spline part welded centered to a sleeve for a keyed jack shaft and sprocket and a clutch sprocket on the engine I would be just fine. Want to try and see if I can still use the throttle just like it is