This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

No power H

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case
Circle of Safety: Y

No power H

Postby Dusty B » Tue May 05, 2020 3:50 pm

Carb has been rebuilt twice - last time by IH shop! Has no power under load, w/die down almost completely, then RPM's w/pcik back up but still no power. Ajusting needle valve does no good! Had complete tune up is shop last fall.. :help:
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Re: No power H

Postby ricky racer » Tue May 05, 2020 4:23 pm

Dusty, can you do a compression test? Maybe the valves are not closing due to carbon buildup. Maybe the valves are out of adjustment. A quick dry/wet compression test will tell you the general health of the motor.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue May 05, 2020 9:05 pm

This may be a stupid question, but have you checked the timing?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

pokitisme
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64132
Skype Name: Pokitisme
Tractors Owned: 1948 international Harvester Farmall h

Postby pokitisme » Wed May 06, 2020 2:39 pm

Mine is doing the same thing I took it to a tractor shop named Bates City tractor in Missouri they're giving me a whole load of stuff about the engine needs to be completely rebuilt. I got the impression that they're being very shady.. the compression on the tractor has been the same since I first got it when it was operational. But now under load it will either die or has absolutely no power.
Favorite quotes by me. If you want to you can but if you don't you wont... most possibly yes but maybe no.... and as always buy guns keep America free

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu May 07, 2020 10:31 pm

Dusty. Do it yourself, double check with a complete engine tune up. I'm with John, my guess is that something happened to the ignition timing, ignition system. Replace the coil with a known good one and the condenser.

Tractors/engines will some times run with a faulty condenser, just like crap. A quicky check for faulting condenser is to observe the arc at the points when cranking over the engine, ignition on. Yellow spark, faulty condenser.
I have an excuse. CRS.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Wed May 20, 2020 2:34 pm

OK....here is what guys at the tractor pull told me.....condensation drops down the exhaust pipe...rusts over time....puts a hole between the exhaust and intake....so your fuel air mixture gets less fuel and more air...also heats up and the hole gets bigger..Might want to check.....I just bought a manifold[about $200.00] tractor has a flat so no results yet...runs better and sounds better...compression was good...timing good...power got worse every year....valves adjusted....Kevin
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”