This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Thoughts

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Thoughts

Postby cowboy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:58 pm

I just sent a e-mail to my cousin who I will always rember as a little kid even though she is in her twentys now. Who was apolizing for not getting back to me becuse her life was Hetic right now. Sometimes you write somthing from the heart that is so true you wish to share it with others. And I wish to share it with My Friends here :!:

I was just thinking about you and the wonderfull person you are. Hetic aside always take time out see the beauty in the world around you we get so busy trying to get ahead we forget the point of like is living. The indians had a saying "Walk In Beauty" I am not sure what they ment But I take it to mean to take time to appreasiat the beauty around you. After all If you don't take the time to see a sun rise/sunset, the clouds in the sky, the snow softly falling in the pines is it really there?

Best wishes Cowboy Billy Patrick

I rember some years ago I was giving a girl a ride home and and she was looking out the side window of the truck as she said how much she liked looking into the clouds. And then I tried to think of the last time I "just looked at the Clouds their Beauty and what it ment to me :!: " Sometimes we get so tied up with what we are doing what we need to do what we want to Do that we forget to relax and enjoy life.

My Friends and I feel you are all my friends and family. I feel life is worthless with out friends and I am proud to know ya all.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:12 pm

That is a two way street Billy. This is a great life if you give it a chance to be. There has always been something special about you. A radiance and charm. At first I thought that it was just in the name as another Billy one to another. It is more you stop to smell the roses.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:37 pm

Great thoughts Cowboy! I have many great friends who I met through this site and this hobby. I certainly count you among them. It is a pleasure to know you.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:49 pm

Heh Cowboy, I agree and try to live each day accordingly Merry Christmas to you and yours. Peace.
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:31 pm

The man who holds the place of "father" in my heart was an old bachelor uncle who died 4 years ago.

At family picnics, which were abundant when I was a boy, he would always take the "kids" for walks down the creek, or around the dam, and show us stuff that no one else ever bothered to.

Some years ago, he and I took a walk down by the dam, and we stood there, for a few hours, just feeding popcorn to the catfish.

A cousin asked me, when we returned, what we were doing down there so long. I told her, and her reply was "It must be nice being able to take life at that kinda pace." It was, is, and always will be.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:18 am

Bill have to say its way past just smelling the roses. Over the last two years I have gotten into growing them. Didn't know what the heck I was doing when I started(still don't really but I try) I have ninteen rosebushes in the front yard now and find my self wanting to find that perfect spot for a really big rose garden. Oh yea that 135' foot of horse fence would make a grate arbor for climbing roses and I find myself wanting to cross polinate and make my own varaiton of roses. Its crazy but then agin I have always felt being a little crazy kept me from going insane :!:

BD thanks and I am proud to know you and your family :!:

Mike that is a strong word stronger than we may think peace with yourself peace with the world and peace with you too my friend :!:

400 that brings tears to my eyes thinking about that thank you

Billy
Last edited by cowboy on Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:20 am

Cowboy wrote:Bill have to say its way past just smelling the roses. Over the last two years I have gotten into growing them. Didn't know what the heck I was doing when I started(still don't really but I try) I have ninteen rosebushes in the front yard now and find my self wanting to find that perfect spot for a really big rose garden. Oh yea that 135' foot of horse fence would make a grate arbor for climbing roses and I find myself wanting to cross polinate and make my own varaiton of roses. Its crazy but then agin I have always felt being a little crazy kept me from going insane :!:

Billy,

The number of rose cultivars out there are amazing. Half the trick is getting a good rootstock plant that thrives in your area, and then grafting to that, as most of the more beautiful types have insufficient root systems to support flower production.

Just A hint....The beautiful smelling, but viciously invasive native R. Multiflora rootstock will not graft to persian roses, which are the majority of the types grown today. R. Rugosa, which grows wild in Maine, however, is a good choice.

For a time, before I was married, I grew antique rose cultivars. Cabbage roses, some of the old-fashioned floribunda cushions roses and such.

Bone meal, bone meal, bone meal.

Aphids can be a pain, but getting rid of the ants that "herd" them like cattle can help.

Japanese beetles in this area are a nightmare. The only thing that I've found to help greatly were pheremone traps placed at the opposite end of your property from your garden. Letting some moles, who eat the beetle larvae, live can help too, if you don't mind the mole trails in your lawn. There is something called "milky spore disease" that you can give to the beetles that live in your lawn, but it's expensive, and the beetles migrate in from neighbour's lawns anyway. My grandmother dusted her roses with lime when the beetles were at their worst. It tends to reduce photosynthesis, however, and growth is stunted either way. The only beneficial bug that eats them are the big orange and black garden spiders, but it's difficult to get them to populate your garden in any real amount unless you have a lot of bugs to begin with. Chickens and ducks will sometimes eat them, along with some of your flowers. Lastly, plant concord grapes as far away from your roses as possible as a "trap crop" for the beetles, as the only thing they like better than roses are grape leaves.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:59 pm

Hi 400

I am lucky enought to have a rose nursery within 30 miles that grow roses for this area on its own root stock. I found this year the nicole and hot coco the beatles did not touch but for everyone around here the rugosa are a lost cause they do not get fully oppen befor the J beetles get them. Here in Michigan the winter is very hard on grafted roses my sister has several that came up in the spring from the rootstock.

Billy

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:54 pm

Cowboy

I wanted to tell you I was touched by your words. We often come to recognize each other's names on this site, and bit by bit get to know a little about each other. But have little way to know what may be going on in each other's lives. I appreciated you're sharing your thoughts. You show that a man can be both strong and sensitive.

Paul
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:10 am

Hi Paul

Thanks for the good words. I feel the most important things in life are family, friends and helping children be proud and seflconfident of themselves without being arrogent. And the difference between family and friends is that you choose your friends. In many was I am like my grandpa he was a hard man but compassiont to those who deserved it. Live and enjoy each day like its you last for the only thing you take from this wourld is you memorys. And what you leave is memorys hopefully good for others.

Billy

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:35 am

as i was reading these posts, i was left speechless. sitting here on a tractor site, nevet thunk i'd see the softer side of these "big men". I do however agree with every word said, just dont tell any of my clients (all are involved with the criminal justice system), as i got a rep to uphold.
Fair firm and consistant has always been by motto as well. John

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:21 pm

My favorite boss John Christy always preached to be fair, firm and friendly. He always continued "if you can't be consistant you are a poor Manager"

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784

Postby jim turner » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:22 pm

Cowboy; those were very kind and I'm sure fitting words your cousin wrote to you, she sounds like a girl that has it together and knows how too live life and enjoy it. Very nice read Thank you for sharing it with us.
Jim Turner

Return to “Off Topic”