This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Help finding parts

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BullDAWG
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39401
Tractors Owned: 1950 Super A
1955 John Deere 60 (sold)
1950 Cub (sold) 1950 Cub l59 woods belly mower (sold)
1951 Cub (sold) 1950 Cub w/ 5' sicklebar (sold)
Tufline 6' disc (old heavy pull type)
1953+ A-295A 2 furrow SlatWing Plow Chief plow (SA)
1950 cub-193 1 furrow SWPC plow (cub) (sold)
6' home made bush hog. Mounts on drawbar
Circle of Safety: Y

Help finding parts

Postby BullDAWG » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:28 am

I can't seem to find square "U-bolts" to fit the 144 cultivator toolbars. They are 1 3/8" solid square bar and I'm trying to mount some things onto the toolbars like bean harvesters (home-made) and other cultivating tools. I need some u-bolts to fit them but can't seem to find them, the ones I find are 1/4" bolt size and I think thats TOO small and would break. I'd prefer 3/8 minimum but would rather 7/16 or 1/2 inch diameter bolts with a 1 3/8 space between the "U". Any tips on where I can find them. (I tried fasenall but the ppl there don't seem to understand what I'm looking for.
ImageCircle of Safety
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the GOVERNMENT and I'm here to HELP."
"I DON'T believe in a government that protects US from OURSELVES." R. Reagan

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Help finding parts

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:32 am

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:47 am

If you can't find the right size, you may be able to use 2 straight bolts plus a mounting plate.

What are you trying to attach? Describe or show a picture of the part that needs to attach to the tool bar. Somebody may have an alternative to a u-bolt.

BullDAWG
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39401
Tractors Owned: 1950 Super A
1955 John Deere 60 (sold)
1950 Cub (sold) 1950 Cub l59 woods belly mower (sold)
1951 Cub (sold) 1950 Cub w/ 5' sicklebar (sold)
Tufline 6' disc (old heavy pull type)
1953+ A-295A 2 furrow SlatWing Plow Chief plow (SA)
1950 cub-193 1 furrow SWPC plow (cub) (sold)
6' home made bush hog. Mounts on drawbar

Postby BullDAWG » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Jim Becker wrote:If you can't find the right size, you may be able to use 2 straight bolts plus a mounting plate.

What are you trying to attach? Describe or show a picture of the part that needs to attach to the tool bar. Somebody may have an alternative to a u-bolt.

quite a # of things, to the belly bars I'm adding bean harvesters. they are knives with tines to cut and windrow bean plants (dried beans) also want to add some spider cultivators from agrisupply and to the rear bars I wanted to add a 2" toolbar (simmilar to the cub 6 toolbar set up but home-made to add things to it like chisel plow, disk hillers etc. I've also thought about doing just the bolts and sandwitching them flatbar plates to hold it on.
ImageCircle of Safety
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the GOVERNMENT and I'm here to HELP."
"I DON'T believe in a government that protects US from OURSELVES." R. Reagan

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Agri-Supply has a couple styles of clamps. Between them and some mounting plates with bolts, you should be able to get most of your tools attached. Agri-Supply has a round shank with a two-bolt flange at one end. It should work with the spider cultivators. You need to check the diameter of the shank to verify it fits the standard IH clamps. IH's bean harvesters mounted directly to the universal mounting frames in place of the cultivator tool bars. You also might look at the mounting bars used with the belly mounted planters. Many of them have a built in clamp at the end.