This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall F-14 Cutting High Weeds

Farmall F-xx Series Tractors, 1931-1939
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y

Farmall F-14 Cutting High Weeds

Postby T-Mo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:45 am

I guess I'm getting more interested in the older Farmalls, particularly the F series. So, in my enthusiasm for these old things, I have been browsing anything I can find on the F-series, and possibly the Regulars. This video popped up and it's really interesting. It's over 11 minutes, but it's doesn't seem that long. The guy who did it, obviously knows a thing or two about video editing (at one point you could get dizzy as the tractor rotates around from the editing), and he knows a thing or two about engines. Give it a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4FI9c5hSRg

Also, I noticed the F-14s has angled steering columns, while some of the F-12s the steering column is parallel with the hood, but other F-12s it's the same as F-14s. I'm assuming the earlier F-12s had the parallel steering rods while the latter ones had them angled like the F-14s. If anyone can shed some light on that I appreciate it. I found a F-series with the F-xx decal unreadable and I'm assuming it's a F-12 due to the parallel steering column.
Last edited by T-Mo on Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: Farmall F-14 Cutting High Weeds

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:24 am

All F-12s originally had the steering shaft parallel with the hood.

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:38 pm

That's what I thought, but I've seen pictures and videos of F-12s with the angled shaft. I haven't checked to see if the F-12 and F-14 share the same gas tank, but for those F-12s with the angled steering shaft is probably a F-14 where a previous owner put on a F-12 gas tank? Just guessing, of course.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:16 pm

Tanks are probably the same or at least swappable. I think you can change the steering position by just changing the shafts and the support. Of course, the F-14 seat is taller, so most people would want to change that at the same time.