This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ford 640

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y

Ford 640

Postby T-Mo » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:36 am

I picked up my third Ford tractor, this 640. I know the hood says 601 Workmaster, but the model number stamped in the transmission housing says "640" and the serial number makes it a late 1957 640 (the last year of the 600 series). From things I have found on my research, Ford put a few 601 things on the late 1957 600 series, i.e the parking brake lever which the earlier 600s didn't have.

Anyways, this one runs good, but needs electrical help. The previous owners took a lot of liberty with the wiring, i.e. replacing the key ignition switch with a push/pull switch that only works every now and then. The relay was relocated to above the carburetor to a where the front clamp on the air breather cup couldn't not function probably. The cup was at a weird angle since the clamp couldn't be open all the way to function right. I got the cup and clamp sorted out, but the relay will probably have to be moved.

It came with an almost complete 3 point post hole digger (it's missing the boom and the handle to guide it). It looks similar to the County Line ones at TSC, so maybe I can order just the boom since I have that part number. The handle can be easily made from a metal round tube.

This is my third Ford, having an early 1944 2N and a 1947 (technically called a '48) 8N.

Here are pictures of the 640.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RAEB0b3

https://imgur.com/gallery/eVzeWkB

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Ford 640

Postby ricky racer » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:21 am

That's a nice straight old tractor!
1929 Farmall Regular