This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Thank You All For Another Great Barnyard Bash

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Thank You All For Another Great Barnyard Bash

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 am

Well, the campfire is out, the campers have all departed, and Rio made a special friend. The Bash is over and the barnyard is getting back to normal.

We had a great Barnyard Bash this year, although some of the regulars could not be with us. Rest assured they were greatly missed. Those who came taught, learned, got their hands dirty, ate and laughed. In other words, they had a great time.

I cannot think of a way to say thanks to everyone. Bob McCarty was here the Tuesday before and Dale Finch arrived on Wednesday to help get the shop emptied and set up for a busy weekend. Both drove great distances to be here in support. Of course we had so many others helping others learn. If I tried to name them all I would forget someone and I would feel bad about it. Several guys helped early Thursday morning to set up the tent and many tables and chairs. Many of them helped after the last meal to put it all back in storage. Friends helping friends.

The shop stayed busy all weekend with many projects going on. On Friday we had six Cubs in at one time. Just about every type of repair was performed. Clutches, final drives, Touch controls, carbs, governors, you name it, they did it. It was what a CubFest is all about.

Rosanne had a lot of help from the wives preparing five huge meals. She could never have been able to do it alone. I am very appreciative of their kindness. I am also glad everyone dove in to the meals as they did. That meant less leftovers I would have to eat for the next 52 weeks (lasagna is great but I get tired of it every week.

I do need to thank Bill Hudson. He helped a new couple to the Bash set up their plow properly and gave others a seminar on the subject as he did. He even went to the garden to show several folks how to properly plow. Two of the ladies enjoyed it so much they wanted to plow my whole barnyard. I had quit using that part of the garden several years ago, but it had become way to bumpy for me to mow so I decided to let them learn to plow and disc there so I can level it out and seed it. That might be a waste of time and money on seed since I have a feeling that will be a Bash play field for future CubFests.

All in all, it was a great weekend, with great friends and great weather. You can bet we already have it on our calendar for the weekend after Memorial Day next year as we plan to celebrate Barnyard Bash XV.

Thank you all,
Barnyard and Rosie
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Thank You All For Another Great Barnyard Bash

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:03 pm

UPDATE: The campfire is still smoldering.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:44 pm

Thank YOU! It’s on the calendar for 2022. Hmmmmm. Let’s see... three trips to Ohio in 2022? :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

rjohnson
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 45346
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1964 Farmall 806D
1950 Farmall M
1941 International A Industrial

Postby rjohnson » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:50 pm

Bill - thank you for your hospitality, I had a great time! Also, I have to thank Gary Dotson for the armature checkup on his growler. Awaiting the generator rebuild kit, and hopefully having a tractor that charges soon.

Greenthumbfarms
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 60450
Tractors Owned: 1974 Cub Cadet 1450
1977 Cub Cadet 1650

1950 Farmall Cub (Georgette)
1950 Allis Chalmers WD (Allis)
1956 Farmall 230 (Gladys)
1959 Farmall 240 Utility (Heather)
1962 John Deere 4010 Gas with No.45 Loader (Pearl)
1966 John Deere 4020 Deisel (Jack)
1975 International Cub (Ozzie)

Postby Greenthumbfarms » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:14 pm

I'll never be able to name off everybody for a thank you for all the help i got over the weekend, but THANK YOU BILL AND ROSIE, for hosting, and being so welcoming and friendly towards a newcomer such as myself. Already looking forward to BYB2022!
Secretary with Will County Threshermens Association (Will County, Illinois)
62nd Annual Will County Threshermens gas and steam tractor show July 18-21, 2024 featuring JI Case Steam and gas tractors. All makes welcome
https://www.steamshow.org/

Cubfriend
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 68803
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub, Kittie; 1948 Cub, Harold; 1949 Cub, 49er; 1951 Cub, Tucker; 1951 Cub, Homely; 1956 Cub High Crop; 1957 Cub Loboy; 57 Cub Loboy w/fasthitch + 194 plow; 1958 Cub LoBoy w/FH, Popeye; 1961 Cub, Beater; #1-1962 Cub Loboy Dually (Originally Orange) w/Foot Throttle; #2-1962 Cub Loboy Dually (Originally Orange) w/Foot throttle; Yellow 1963 Cub Loboy and blade; 1970 Cub, Cubbie; and 5 other Cubs in various stages of disaasembly and disrepair; 1962 Cub Cadet Original; 2 other Cub Cadet Originals; Cub Cadet 100; Cub Cadet 124 w/Creeper; Cub Cadet 147; 2 Cub Cadet 129's; Cub Cadet 149; 1948 Allis Chalmers C w/single frontwheel; 1944 Farmall H w/Tokhiem Cab; 2 One Point Fasthitch Carriers; 2-#100 Fasthitch Rear Blade; 2 Sets Cub 144 Cultivators; 2 Sets Cub #252 Cultivators; 3 Cub #193 Mouldboard Plows; 1 Cub #193 Slatted Plow; 1 1948 Cub-54 Snow Plow; 3 Cub-54 49-5 Snow Plows; Cub #6 Tool Bar w/Disc Blades & Middlebuster. 2-#105 sickle mowers, #152 disc plow

Postby Cubfriend » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:59 pm

I’d like to give a BIG Thank You to Bill and Rosie for hosting the Barnyard Bash. Also Thank You to all of the ladies that prepared the food. It was great! Thanks to Gary Dotson for checking out my magneto and getting it to work. It was nice to meet all of the new people that attended. Even some young folks pitching in and lending a hand. We need more of them. I had a great time and it was nice to see everyone again. Until next year, be safe and keep those Cubs chugging along.
Frank

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:59 pm

Bill,

You're welcome, it was my pleasure to do the plow "seminar" and if we're going to plow next year I will come prepared to do it again, if needed. There is nothing like the sight and smell of freshly turned soil. I told one of those young ladies that we couldn't have broken the smile off her face with a hammer.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6