This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What's Ahead of Me?

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
txHillCountry
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 77007

What's Ahead of Me?

Postby txHillCountry » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:29 pm

Good evening! Happy to be here and to have found a place where I can talk to others about the project I would like to get started on. I was on my girlfriend's family's property this weekend where i have been helping out with fences, etc. and I ran across these two machines. I wanted to see if someone could help me identify the models. I would like to get started researching what it would take to bring them to working condition. After some research on the board i realized i need to grab the serial numbers off the bottom of the seats but i won't be able to get these numbers as quickly as I would like to begin researching.

Would y'all be able to help me identify these models?

I believe the one on the right is a Farmall A.

Slim140
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1970 International 140
1972 International 140
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: What's Ahead of Me?

Postby Slim140 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 am

The Case looks like an SC (kind of). Serial number should be on the right under the steering wheel on the dash if that is what it is. The Farmall does look like an A to me but check the serial plate just to be sure. It should be under the seat as you stated on the seat frame.
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade

Postby Urbish » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:43 am

Here are some photos of the Case model SC including serial # location: http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/4/5/454-ji-case-sc-photos.html

On second thought, I'm going to vote for Case DC based on the partially obscured view of the hood cutout and formed bead between the cutout and the operator. The grille with the vertical inset CASE name indicates something other than an SC as well.

Here are some photos of a Case DC: http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/4/4/449-ji-case-dc-photos.html
Jim

Circle of Safety

txHillCountry
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 77007

Postby txHillCountry » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:56 pm

You were right, it is a DC. I was able to take a look this weekend and the serial number ends in DC.

First I think i'm going to fix the Farmall A that is in the below pictures since it has a mower and thats what I need the most right now..

I tried turning the engine over with the manual crank with no luck but just realized that it may have been in gear. On a positive note, I was able to inflate the tires and have them hold air. To my knowledge these two tractors have been sitting for at least ten years.

cub.bub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 46628
Tractors Owned: 55 cub, 54a blade, (2) woods L59 mower...Allis Chalmers CA
1965 International 140, 60" grader blade.

Postby cub.bub » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Nice find!
You have some work ahead of you for sure, but take your time and BE SAFE! Never crank or key star attempt without knowing it's out of gear.
I would remove muffler, oil and air intake caps, remove hood and take a look see, check oil, water in radiator (to see if you have any cracks or water in oil) remove plugs and take a look see with flash light, maybe spray a little penitrant in plug holes. Make sure you remove any crud from areas your working, let her set a day, then with plugs removed try puttin the tractor in 3rd gear and rock her a little.
Again take your time, you're luck they appear to have been stored under roof, and that may save you a lot of grief LOL.
Once you get her free, start cleaning all electrical connections from good battery, amp meter, starter, generator, every thing. This will help you later when attempting to start. Change engine fluids oil, and flush rad with water.
Take your time and you'll be mowing soon.
Keep us informed, you have me rooting for ya!
Bruce.
:tractor:

Return to “Projects Forum”