This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need Help With the Wall

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

where do you work Jake :lol:

Still no helpers :shock: :shock: :shock:
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

jakeesspoo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44847

Postby jakeesspoo » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:57 pm

I work at Delphi Automotive. Its the GM spinoff that just filed bankruptcy a few months ago :( . We were a GM plant forever until about ten years ago. That was way before I worked there. I hired in in 99' when I was 19 or 20. We make the bearings for most all the GM cars you see. There is talk that GM wants to buy a few plants back and were one of them, that would be nice but we would still probally take a wage and benefits cut in the future. Currently they want to take our wage down from $27-28/hour to $10-12 and we pay most of benefits. Quite a pay cut. Im sure the UAW and Delphi will meet somewhere in the middle. My dad is a foreman at Visteon (Fords spinoff) and there company is in just as bad shape especially the local plant. I set up and operate machines. CNC lathes, grinders, broaches,drills, etc. Not too exciting work but good pay and benefits, plus easier but not nearly as rewarding than running the family business. But I may be back at our shop soon. I have to see what they end up taking our wages and benefits down too. It may go from a good factory job too just a factory job.

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:35 pm

Jake Wilken said:
We make the bearings for most all the GM cars you see.

I removed a passenger seat from a new Taurus the other day and the electronics’ for the passenger seat weight sensor said Delphi Automotive. The shop I work in (was just G.M.) merged with Ford and I had to do a double look to see that I was working on a Ford.

G.M. parts in a Ford…. I guess the next thing I’ll find is Visteon parts in a Chevy. When these companies spin off they sell to anybody!!!

Jack Fowler

Return to “Off Topic”