This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

trailer sway control

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Rob in NH
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03848
eBay ID: panelbeata
Tractors Owned: 1947 circle cub
1950 cub demonstrator
1957 cub
1967 cub
Circle of Safety: Y

trailer sway control

Postby Rob in NH » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Does anyone here use a sway control for their trailer ? I was thinking of getting a friction control for mine like this http://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribu ... 83660.html

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Re: trailer sway control

Postby Cecil » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:51 pm

I used one like that on my 28 foot for a lot of years. They work great. Takes a couple of trips to get the setting correct. They do squeak when you are backing up.

Rob in NH
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03848
eBay ID: panelbeata
Tractors Owned: 1947 circle cub
1950 cub demonstrator
1957 cub
1967 cub

Postby Rob in NH » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:54 pm

The reason why i am thinking of getting one is when i have 2 cubs loaded and its not just right it can sway and its a bit nerve racking when it happens.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:47 pm

I had a Reese equalizer with the "Cam-Lock" system built in for sway control I used with my camper, but have never had need of one when hauling tractors. Having the regular trailer tires and proper inflation can make a big difference. Car and light truck tires have softer sidewalls to give a smoother ride.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!