This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Low Boy rear hydraulics

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
pafau29
Zip Code: 32571

Cub Low Boy rear hydraulics

Postby pafau29 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased a 1970 cub low boy and I just got her running great. This is my first tractor ever so I don’t know much. The front has a blade on it and it moves up and down great. I can’t get the rear to move. It acts like it will move but can’t. I see references to a lockout bar or some type of bolt but I don’t know where to look for these things. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is such a cool little tractor!

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Low Boy rear hydraulics

Postby Glen » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi,
I guess you mean it is a 154 LoBoy.

The LoBoy operator's manual can help you learn about maintenance that the LoBoy needs.

Below is the 154 LoBoy operator's manual. The experts on here recommend people read it. It has lots of info about operation, maintenance, and lubrication.
There is a table of contents on page 1, and an index beginning on page 58.
It shows how LoBoys originally looked in it. The lube section begins on page 46.
There is hydraulic info beginning on page 11.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

I would check or change all the oils before using the LoBoy. Using it with low oil in a gear housing can damage the parts in the housing.
There are 3 separate gear housings, with 3 separate oil levels to check, in the rear area of a LoBoy, the transmission, and 2 final drives. :)

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Low Boy rear hydraulics

Postby Eugene » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:12 pm

You may also have a diverter valve located on top of the panel between the operator's calves.

Open up and read the Operator's Manual in the link Glen provided.

Pictures of the rear of the tractor, operator's station, and left side of the tractor just infront of the foot rest.
I have an excuse. CRS.