This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

seed test/ start

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

seed test/ start

Postby SONNY » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:09 pm

have been testing seed for germination and trying to calibrate the earthway planter to get ready for gardens 2015! lol! did get most of the gardens plowed with the WD- 45 last fall just as ground was freezing so at least most will be ready to till/plant.
Have 60 bunches of onions on order to plant ( that's around 5,500 plants) last year we had a really nice crop of BIG sweet onions! and have put order in for 500+ sweet potato plants, last year crop was very good with some nice tubers, (5 different kinds, will do same this year)
Malware destroyed my other putter, so I have to use Virginia's unit to post with.
Not sure if I got any of last year garden pics posted or not!
Currently looking the new creeper over to see how I can slow it down even more and make a transplanter attachment for the front of it.---was working on tater planter a little to modify it.
The new tater planter is 3- pt and cub runs too fast to pull it with, so have to make it into pull type so I can use the 917-H on it.
Right now here wind chill is -1 and we had several inches of stupid snow again, making a mess of things!
have some hulless oats to plant first up and hope the wind don't destroy them this time!
How is everything in your world these days? Ready to garden? thanks; sonny

Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: seed test/ start

Postby Jack » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:47 am

I don't plant nearly as much as you do, But boy do I got the Itch to get my hands dirty, my seeds arrived last week and so did snow there is about 18" covering the garden. the groundhog says 6 more weeks of winter. so until then, all I can do is sit and look out the window at the snow covered garden

Jack

Circle of Safety Pine Meadows Farm :tractor:

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Now we have snow/wind/looks like -7 for the low tonight----14 for the high tomorrow! ---I have cabbage plants (5 or6) about an inch tall and matoes (a dozen or so) a couple inches tall---a couple sweet tato plants about an inch tall-- all from my seed testing so far!
Like Jack I am chompin to get my hands in the nice warm dirt again!---have a few more seeds coming in the mail too! thanks ; sonny

Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jack » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:21 am

good luck on your seed testing, sounds like the test is doing pretty good
Circle of Safety Pine Meadows Farm :tractor: