This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Black Bear interuptus today

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Black Bear interuptus today

Postby SONNY » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:46 am

State tried to dump some black bears here at Dawson Lake, just down the road 3 miles from us and they got into some sheep -----bears never seen since! LOL!!! State needs to get a life!! --- go do something productive!

SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 44410
Tractors Owned: 1968 Cub Fast Hitch
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
CS Bell No. 60 Grain Mill on a unmodified Fast Hitch Disk hitch prong
Home Made Fast Hitch Potato Plow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower
Mechanical Transplanter with side mount barrel (needs a fast hitch adapter) :)

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List
International 100 Fast Hitch Blade
Mott Fast Hitch Flail Mower

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Postby SamsFarm » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:19 am

SONNY wrote:State tried to dump some black bears here at Dawson Lake, just down the road 3 miles from us and they got into some sheep -----bears never seen since! LOL!!! State needs to get a life!! --- go do something productive!

Funny how the state(s) expect the land owners to support the wildlife, but make laws to where it is next to impossible for the land owner to profit from the wildlife and the troubles they bring!
1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:20 pm

Beaware the Blackbears are waking up from hibernation with cubs they will be hunting for food. Becareful when working outside.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:58 pm

He’s spotted eating the deer block from Tsc. Took in the suet bird feeders on the Shepard’s hooks he went after them. I thought he moved on but I guess he’s a late getting up after hibernation. I need to get him a alarm clock.

They predict the worst year for ticks, none yet the wild turkeys eat them. There here all day long.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

radioguy41
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18235
Tractors Owned: -
1957 Red IH Lo-Boy
1980 Red IH Cub Cadet 782
1993 Craftsman LT4000
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby radioguy41 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:00 pm

Just had momma and her 2 cubs move through the development. Everybody took in their feeders lickety-split. Last time she went through she bent my feeder support rod into a horseshoe. :D
Circle of Safety Image ImageImage
KB3WBB

SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 44410
Tractors Owned: 1968 Cub Fast Hitch
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
CS Bell No. 60 Grain Mill on a unmodified Fast Hitch Disk hitch prong
Home Made Fast Hitch Potato Plow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower
Mechanical Transplanter with side mount barrel (needs a fast hitch adapter) :)

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List
International 100 Fast Hitch Blade
Mott Fast Hitch Flail Mower

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Postby SamsFarm » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:00 pm

CHOOT EM....... CHOOT EM JACOB!

1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:40 pm

I seen Canadian lynx, bobcat, besides a weird looking wolf type animal very colorful pretty face. I whistled he stopped to check me out. Besides bears and mountain lions. I have wild America in the rural areas.

Even in vt I have a video of a wolverine.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun May 16, 2021 6:53 pm

Bear with me update,

The misses drives up the driveway there’s a sow with two little tiny cubs. The sow ran the cubs up a nearby tree, when the wife exited the car and ran in the house the sow went up the tree too. Looks like I have four local bears now. Great. I refuse to hurt or call to have them removed.

I learned we can’t get rid of them. I had a bear at my camp in vt. With little kids we harvested one. A while past another one took its place. There multiplying faster than being hunted.

My apple trees are full of apples this year, really full be prepared for a bad winter.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun May 23, 2021 2:45 am

Had four bears in the yard today.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:50 pm

Osage County, Mo.. Acreage neighbors saw and reported a black bear this morning. Bear was within 1/4 mile of the acreage.

Last week a black bear was reported in Jefferson City Mo. Jeff City is the county west of Osage county.

Black bear hunting is now legal in Missouri, limited number of bear permits. Maybe, bear hunting next fall.
I have an excuse. CRS.

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby indy61 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:37 pm

I don't know if the DNR has something to do with it but it wouldn't surprise me.
Growing up in the 1960's we rarely saw deer or Canadian geese. DNR reintroduced them and they are now overpopulated.
They tried the same with wild turkeys a few years ago but it didn't take.
They should probably just let nature take its course.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:51 pm

Mountainlions are extinct here but there being seen all over the northeast. I hear them and seen them upclose. I read everything is making a comeback predator wise. There’s no fur trappers to keep them in check.

I seen a little ball of fur run through my land I have no clue as to what it is.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:01 am

Here in Missouri, I've always thought our Conservation Dept was second to none. The last 50+ years has seen a dramatic increase in both wild turkey and deer across the state. But when they start promoting bears and bobcats in the state, that's when I think they've run out of things to manage in Jefferson City.

I don't like being in the woods when there's another predator there...especially one that can harm ME! A bunch of nonsense.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:45 am

All of a sudden we’re not on top of the food chain. The predators are intelligent too.

The misses was planting flowers in front of the bushes and the cub was two bushes away. I taught them you will smell them first before you see them. This was the second cub on his own. We need to educate everyone.

At my camp in vt we had supper across the valley at my neighbors house. We left around 9:30 pm. My headlights caught a full grown 180#/200# mountainlion going into the 6’ tall grass. The next morning after breakfast my son was gassing up the dirtbikes and the mountainlion was growling from the ridge above us. I stepped outside when I heard it and it left. Decades ago I seen mountainlion tracks following a sow and cub in the snow up in the higher elevations were humans normally don’t go. I put my Jeep up as far as I could then we hiked. I sent pics to a tracking school and it’s confirmed mountainlion track. One must be alert all the time now. Now decades later there at my camp. There in the lower elevations looking for food.

Magnum
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: Nope

Postby Magnum » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:45 am

At least bears can be predictable, the big cats are a different story.

Return to “Cub Cadet”