This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub cadet 70/100/104 ect

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Cub cadet 70/100/104 ect

Postby BigBill » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:31 pm

Watch around the right side lower front of the engine near the grill housing for wires fraying. The vibration works its way thru the black tape. Starts sparking and shorting out catch it early before it happens.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub cadet 70/100/104 ect

Postby Eugene » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:53 am

Since the topic is the IH built narrow framed Cub Cadets.

Yesterday, was at the hardware store picking up fuel line plumbing parts for a 105 (now 125) Cub Cadet. The woman behind the counter ask what I was working on. Told her a 50 year old lawn mower. She had a strange look on her face as if she didn't believe me.

Daughter brought this tractor down from Iowa because it wouldn't run. Exchanged tractors for one that I had gone thru a year or so earlier. I purchased the house daughter now owns in 1980. I think the tractor I sent back to Iowa came with the house.

Coil fixed the not start problem. Tie rod ends and steering cam follower will fix the steering slop. Couple of other minor issue and new front tires, will be good for another 50 years.

Guessing, a bit less than $200- for the tractor parts including tune up and complete service. New front tires and tubes will be the biggest expense.
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:39 pm

These tractors once there up and running again there reliable. Better than today’s stuff.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat May 22, 2021 11:12 pm

I dropped a used 12 hp aqs engine in my 1000 quietline cub cadet. I installed a new clutch assembly. Motor mounts. Paint. Mowed over a decade with it. Now I picked up a Kohler 14 hp aqs used to change out the tired 12hp aqs. Cost $150 motor.

I have three cadets that came with new replacement engines all run like new.

I picked up a used cadet 104 that sat i a shed when the gas went bad since new. The honing stone marks are still in the cylinder, had a stuck valve, new headgasket and she runs like new, tractor, mower deck, snowplow $150. The guy was crying to sell it.

It’s silly that most of these cadets need very little to run again.

Justin313
Zip Code: 72653
Tractors Owned: 2–Cub Cadet Originals, 147 Cub Cadet Hydro

Postby Justin313 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:48 am

BigBill wrote:I dropped a used 12 hp aqs engine in my 1000 quietline cub cadet. I installed a new clutch assembly. Motor mounts. Paint. Mowed over a decade with it. Now I picked up a Kohler 14 hp aqs used to change out the tired 12hp aqs. Cost $150 motor.

I have three cadets that came with new replacement engines all run like new.

I picked up a used cadet 104 that sat i a shed when the gas went bad since new. The honing stone marks are still in the cylinder, had a stuck valve, new headgasket and she runs like new, tractor, mower deck, snowplow $150. The guy was crying to sell it.

It’s silly that most of these cadets need very little to run again.

I have 3 narrow frame cub cadets: 2 Originals and a 147.
These garden tractors were built to last.
Use them to cut my grass, break in the garden and push snow/dirt.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon May 24, 2021 11:18 pm

Can’t kill these old cub cadets. So easy to repair. Even some that are run into the ground are worth fixing. Went looking this year for a new mower. No attachments $1200/$1500? Fix my 108/creeper a used 12 hp from a 129, whole hydro $150.

Wide frame, narrow frame either one.

The only thing i wish, The third gear is too fast, The second gear was third, and first and second were lower in speed. And a real high/ low tranny.