This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

51 Farmall M Front Wheel Bearings

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Plywud
Zip Code: 98042

51 Farmall M Front Wheel Bearings

Postby Plywud » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:26 pm

The front end is shaking a little today on the run around the neighborhood, so I pulled the one side that was more loose than the other, outside bearing was somewhat rusty and the nut was loose, and the inside one came apart in my hand. I found the outer bearing at the local auto parts store, but had to go to a specialiety bearing outfit for the inside. Neither had the oil seal. Also did not find the dust shield or felt washer. Only the outside grease retainer was installed as shown in the parts book. Haven't taken the other side off yet. The grease retainers look like big washers, the dust shield, felt washer and oil shield. Any ideas where I can get them? Steiner shows some oil shields but none that look like the replacements for the M tri-cycle front end.

RJ

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”