This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall 400 - pto drive gear teeth munched

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ChampagneNBeer
Zip Code: 00000

Farmall 400 - pto drive gear teeth munched

Postby ChampagneNBeer » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:40 am

Hi All,

I have a Farmall 400 and the bolt that holds the pto drive gear in place (this bolt threads through the gear and onto the star shaft) decided to walk itself free, fall to the case floor and chew up all the drive teeth.

I believe I have to split the tractor to resolve but wanted to see if there was some other way I could fix?

If no other way than splitting, anyone know if special tools are required and if it is a difficult job? Anything else I should check while poking around in there?

Lastly, anyone know how to identify the correct drive gear? Seems they changed over the years and some even have the same number of teeth, but different angles?

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”