This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Source for valve cover studs

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
arlen
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 55975

Re: Source for valve cover studs

Postby arlen » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:08 pm

arlen wrote:
Jim Becker wrote:I don't know where I got the flat washer from. I'm sure they have been on engines I have worked on. The Parts Catalog shows no washers, just a nut. This suggests to not add a lock washer either.

I appreciate the post.
I wasn’t sure, and given that there was all thread used on the other 2 mounts, and a couple long bolts used in place of head studs, I didn’t want to make any assumptions on how mine was put together! :D

I don’t suppose it would hurt to have a washer would it?

My valve cover studs have shipped from Messicks, but they tell me the IH carb kit is no longer available and no replacement. I called McDonald carb, they can fix me up with whatever I need. I like that route better anyway. They said 125 bucks gets you everything but the castings. So I’m gonna tear it apart and see how bad it is , then get a customized kit from them.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:35 pm

arlen wrote:
arlen wrote:I don’t suppose it would hurt to have a washer would it? . . .

A flat washer wouldn't hurt.

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Gary Dotson » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:11 am

Morgan, at McDonald Carb. will fix you up, he's pretty good to work with. You're not likely to need nearly everything he has to offer, Probably just a rebuild kit and possibly a float. He won't try to sell you parts you don't need.

Return to “Farmall B & BN”