This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

B Carb Question

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
RogerW
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 50662

B Carb Question

Postby RogerW » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:36 pm

I asked this on the A site but will ask again here. I am working on a carb off a B, and it was sludged up bad. The main jet is plugged solid. Anyone know what size the jet is, or where I can get one? Thank you. Roger.

MiCarl
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 48154
Tractors Owned: 2021 RK25 "Barbie"
1944 Farmall H
1948 Farmall Cub (SOLD)
1994 Speedex 1631
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: B Carb Question

Postby MiCarl » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:52 pm

I'm not familiar with the B carburetor but I have opened a lot of sludged motorcycle jets. A liberal dose of carburetor cleaner and some mechanical action with a small copper wire will generally open them up. I just pluck a strand from a piece of stranded copper wire. When you cut the wire it leaves a bit of a barb on the end that helps dig the gunk.

It's important that the wire be copper and not steel. You want something that is softer than the brass in the jet so if your wire diameter is too large it doesn't enlarge the orifice.
1944 Farmall H
1948 Farmall Cub
1994 Speedex 1631