This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Looking For Another Forum

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
KJB
Zip Code: 34269
Tractors Owned: 1940 Farmall B
1948 Ferguson TE20

Looking For Another Forum

Postby KJB » Fri May 03, 2024 5:19 am

I really enjoy forums. I feel they are valuable sources of information, especially when you have limited knowledge yourself. I appreciate that my questions get answered on this forum, but I am wondering if there is a different forum that any of you frequent that has more activity than this forum does. I am always anxious to learn, and I do learn a lot from forums. I am into aviation, classic cars, Harleys, RV-ing, and veterans information so I do visit several different forums daily. Thank you for any suggestions for different Farmall forums.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Looking For Another Forum

Postby Super A » Fri May 03, 2024 7:53 am

I spend a lot of time on various Facebook groups. There are a couple of good Farmall B groups there, and I moderate a A/Super A group.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri May 03, 2024 8:39 am

Yesterday's Tractors is pretty active.
https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/

KJB
Zip Code: 34269
Tractors Owned: 1940 Farmall B
1948 Ferguson TE20

Postby KJB » Sat May 04, 2024 6:00 am

Thanks guys. I do follow a group on FB that I find informative. I just registered for Yesterday’s Tractors. I appreciate the suggestions.

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Sun May 05, 2024 5:10 am

I usually prefer the brand specific forums, like this one, or Red Square for Wheel Horse, or WFM for John Deere L&G stuff, etc. Better and more concise information and advice. Having said that, there are a few "all brands" forums that are okay, but you do have to take the information and advice with some skeptiscm, like tractor data which I have found a few wrong data being given out on that site.

Be careful on the facebook group pages. For instance on the Ford tractor groups, most of the members can't tell a 9N from a 2N and will tell you you're wrong when you point out that their tractor is a 2N, not a 9N, etc. And I see a lot of hack job advice that may or may not work, and if it did work may have consequences.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Mon May 06, 2024 9:58 am

Well, Red Power is IH BUT some of the guys over there are a bit grouchy, so beware! MTF is all brands but it can take weeks to get replys to questions. JD Crawler is Deere crawlers only catering mostly to the 420, 430, 1010, etc stuff. Lavoy is very helpful with info and parts. He gave me ideas of what to look for in my 420-C when I take the motor out to put a clutch in it and he can supply all the parts I will need.
The FB groups are full of "know- it- alls" that have not a clue of what they are talking about!! Gotta dig thru the garbage to find anything and even then its a toss-up as to if their info is valid or not.
Tractor Data is only one mans idea of what HE thinks something is and not actual facts! I found most of the stuff there is either not complete or its wrong!
Tractor By Net is another all brand forum and again wait for replys.
Heavy Equipment Forums is for industrial equipment, dozers, hoes, cranes, exe's. ect.
Arborist Site is for logging stuff. Chainsaws, yarders, chippers, etc. AND they have a garden/farming thread down at the bottom of the page!
There are dozens of forums out there, -- I never looked for any other ones. Busy enough trying to keep up with what I am on. Do an internet search fo other ones and see what you like.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon May 06, 2024 11:35 am

SONNY wrote:The FB groups are full of "know- it- alls" that have not a clue of what they are talking about!! Gotta dig thru the garbage to find anything and even then its a toss-up as to if their info is valid or not.

This comment could also be applied to much of what is on youtube. Whether a video is somehow connected to a more formal site or just stuck out there in some random person's feed is one clue about reliability.

SONNY wrote:Tractor Data is only one mans idea of what HE thinks something is and not actual facts! I found most of the stuff there is either not complete or its wrong!

The person running Tractor Data took on a huge task pulling that all together in one place. For some of the more oddball stuff, it may be the only source you will find. It is somewhat moderated by the whole world. Because if you find an error in it and let him know (with some reasonable documentation), he will fix it in his next update.

ajhbike
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 06405
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub
1951 Super C
1966 IH 504 Hi-Clear
1968 JD 3020
1949 JD B
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Postby ajhbike » Mon May 06, 2024 12:17 pm

YT forum is awesome. I use it A LOT for my Super C, and John Deeres. BUT...I know the 6 or so people that really really know their stuff and really depend on their advice. Either I haven't experienced it before or am wondering what is happening or I haven't a clue and they have helped out huge.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Mon May 06, 2024 9:28 pm

Jim!---you tube is getting to be the biggest joke on the internet!!! LOL!! You are correct !

Return to “Farmall B & BN”