This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Parts Source

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case
Circle of Safety: Y

Parts Source

Postby Dusty B » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:22 pm

What are your recommendations for parts source?? Carb kits, gaskets, etc..??? IH seems to be pricey but might be most accurate?? Thanks, Dusty B
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Re: Parts Source

Postby havoc1482 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:04 am

Dusty B wrote:What are your recommendations for parts source?? Carb kits, gaskets, etc..??? IH seems to be pricey but might be most accurate?? Thanks, Dusty B

Depends on the parts. Some automotive stores can cross-reference items like bearings. Farmallparts.com is a decent place aswell. I got my Super A headgasket from them. I like going to CaseIH because I like to source my parts from a single vendor if I can and because my local CaseIH dealer is run by people I like and give you personal attention.
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Dusty B wrote:What are your recommendations for parts source?? Carb kits, gaskets, etc..??? IH seems to be pricey but might be most accurate?? Thanks, Dusty B

PM Sent
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Eugene wrote:Pparts are readily available. Ignition parts, gaskets, seals, etc., from local auto parts store. Engine overhaul kits from auto parts store or on line venders.

If you don't have their catalog, Valu-Bilt, has a free one. Not that you have to buy parts from Valu-bilt, but it's an excellent resource.
Edit. I pass the two local auto parts stores every day. I see vehicles from the local mechanics shops and the go-fer truck from the GM dealership picking up parts. And then, I have some parts catalogs from different brands of auto parts stores. They use the same part numbers and parts description. At the local New Holland dealership, handing over to a customer a New Holland part with an IH logo and part number on it.

Gut feeling is that a lot of tractor and auto parts are stocked in a few mega warehouses in the USA. A company orders the parts, parts get put in a boxes/packing showing that companies logo and information.

I worked for a while at a major children's book distributing company. The company sent out catalogs under different brand names and when the order arrived, packaged the books in boxes with company name matching the order.

Point of my discussion, unless it's something uncommon, try your local suppliers. For major cast iron parts, check with local tractor salvage yards.
I have an excuse. CRS.