This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Slight starting frustration....

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Slight starting frustration....

Postby Rick Spivey » Sun May 19, 2019 5:29 pm

Gas leaking out of the weep hole in the bottom of the carb, near the intake, is NORMAL when you have a no-start situation. These are "updraft" carbs, so any excess gas needs a way to drain. That is what the weep hole is for. Don't waste any more time on the leaking gas, instead figure out why no start. The leaking gas tells me that gas is being pulled through the carb enough to attempt to run, unless you have no fire, or fire that is out of time with the engine. That is where I would go next. And I find that rarely do you need "new" expensive components, it is usually fairly straightforward to fix the ones you have.
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

pokitisme
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64132
Skype Name: Pokitisme
Tractors Owned: 1948 international Harvester Farmall h

Re: Slight starting frustration....

Postby pokitisme » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:13 pm

Eugene wrote:
ShawnAgne wrote:I rebuilt my 300 carb, was a VERY easy process and much cheaper. It isn't hard to do. Needle is easy to replace and even adjusting the float isn't that hard. If you have compressed air blow out all the passages.
Bob McCarty wrote:If you buy an repro carb, I'd suggest you check the float height and drop.
If you still have the original carburetor, clean and adjust it. You may not need any new parts.

i wasted my money on a new carb..but still its new...found out it was a battery issue.
Favorite quotes by me. If you want to you can but if you don't you wont... most possibly yes but maybe no.... and as always buy guns keep America free

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”