This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Anyone have a U-2 power unit?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
49willard
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 04079

Anyone have a U-2 power unit?

Postby 49willard » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:53 am

I am looking for a width measurement on the lower stamping (think "chin") on a U-2 grill vs a Super A grill/same part? I have an extra SA grill missing that welded on stamping. Note that the chin pieces look very similar.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Anyone have a U-2 power unit?

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:40 am

The width is the same. As you note, the lower grill stamping is not identical. Neither is the middle section. I would like to find a decent U-2 grill, the whole thing, along with a few other odd pieces that might be on a U-2 power unit.

49willard
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby 49willard » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:41 pm

Jim,
You indicated that the lower stamping (the chin) is not identical. Do you happen to know the differences? The top stamping also looks very similar with the exception of the small cutout for the radiator overflow tube. Are there other differences? If someone has a U-2 grill just a few measurements would be very helpful.
Bill

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:50 pm

The lower edge of the A and B parts, although different from each other, are both "trimmed" for a fit to the front bolsters. I believe the power unit edge is more of a straight line from one side to the other. It has a fairly narrow notch on the right side that extends up into the middle section. The bolt hole on the tractors was relocated from the bottom to just below the crank hole. The power unit may have remained at the bottom. The notch for the radiator overflow was added for later tractors and probably for power units. I have no hard data on that.

Any of the large measurements will be the same as your tractor grill.

49willard
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby 49willard » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:11 pm

Thanks Jim, good info!
Bill