This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Governor Seal Insertion Tool

Splitting stand, mounting stands, etc, etc.
RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Governor Seal Insertion Tool

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Here is one of a few that I made a while back. Its hardwood (oak), planed down to the required thickness (23/32"). After planing the wood, just traced the governor seal out on the wood, and cut two pieces out with a scroll saw, one just a bit under size, and the other just a bit over size. After making the cuts, I then chucked both pieces (one at a time) in a lathe and smoothed the outside diameter. I drilled out the center marks and bolted them together.
Remember that the small piece should easily slip inside the seal area, the the outside should not fit at all. Get the seal started, and tap it in with the driver until the larger diameter piece stops at the block and you are all set.
Real simple and easy to make if you have some wood working tools. I think I made for or five while I had everything out.

seal-tool.jpg
Last edited by Barnyard on Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replace missing images