This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Member from North Central Texas

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
bmarian
Zip Code: 75402

Member from North Central Texas

Postby bmarian » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:12 pm

Hi,

I'm Bruce and my wife and I finally moved from the liberal state of California to Northeast of Dallas Texas. I was born and raised in Northern Ohio and worked on the family farm for years. We mostly had Allis Chalmers WD-45 tractors but Grampa had a really nice Farmall Cub that stayed in the family after his death. The youngest son (I don't like to admit he is my uncle) ended up with the Cub and I'm sure he sold it for the money. I have always wanted one for over 50 years. My brother picked up a 1952 Cub for my wife a couple of years ago and it seems like the only things Cubby (she names her tractors) needs is a battery box and toolbox and I'd love to get a crank for it too. Cubby is all original and runs great so it will stay save and warm in the workshop parked behind Mator (2021 Massey Ferguson 1840M with cab) but he still gets used when we can.
There is a Super C in Ohio waiting for me to pickup but it has the front end housing is cracked and if you hit a bump the lower part of the housing moves around.

I'll be on the lookout for Cubs and accessories where ever I can find them.

Thanks for having me,
Bruce

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Member from North Central Texas

Postby staninlowerAL » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:52 pm

Welcome to the forum. Check the sponsors at the bottom of this page for parts and accessories. Hand crank is easy to make, 5/8 steel rod and a couple of 90 deg bends. Someone posted the dimensions on the FARMALL CUB FORUM a few days ago. Here's the link. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114357
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:31 pm

Bruce, welcome to the forum.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:35 pm

bmarian wrote:. . . There is a Super C in Ohio waiting for me to pickup but it has the front end housing is cracked and if you hit a bump the lower part of the housing moves around. . . .

Bruce, welcome to the site. I have to warn you, damage like you are describing on that Super C usually means that both the front housing and the engine block are broken (maybe not always). Make ypur plans for that tractor accordingly.

bmarian
Zip Code: 75402

Postby bmarian » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:10 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the update on the Super C I have pictures that make it look like the damage is related to the front housing only but as many times as we used the tractor in Ohio we never noticed the crack in the front end. But the tractor is basically free I just need to drive the 1000 miles to pick it up. I'll look at the parts manuals and get an idea of what I'm dealing with but the tractor seems to run and drive pretty good even with the damage.

Bruce

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:44 am

Hello Bruce, and welcome to the forum.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

tomcat
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71836
Tractors Owned: 49 cub buttercup

Postby tomcat » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:03 pm

Welcome to the forum Bruce, I live about 2 hours from Greenville just passed through there today

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:24 pm

Welcome Bruce. GIG 'EM AGGIES, class of '78. I'm in northern Ohio, >2 miles off the shore of Lake Erie and 53 miles from the PA line.
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Return to “Introduce Yourself”