This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

53 Cub "Little Sweetie"

Farmall Cub Tractor photo forum. All Cubs, all the time.
Forum rules
All photos must be your personal photos (no copyrighted material).

FarmallCub.Com forum upload attachment requirements:
Maximum attached file size: 512kb
Maximum dimension: Unlimited (as long as the file is less than 512kb)

Preferred photo attachments are via direct upload in post, and/or the CubFest Photo Server.

Commercial Photo hosting services will work, however, if the image links become broken due to discontinued service or deletion of the images, the posting will be marked for removal.
Potato Wilson
Zip Code: 95667
Tractors Owned: 1953 Cub (the Wife’s)
1946 2N (I call it a 9N)
2013 JD 3320
2015 Kubota U25
1966 JD 110
Circle of Safety: Y

53 Cub "Little Sweetie"

Postby Potato Wilson » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:30 pm

Picked up a 53 Cub for the wife. Runs good and looks good! We split it to replace radiator hoses and front seal. Installing new electrical too. Gas tank is flushed, sealed, and re-painted. Time to put it back together download/file.php?mode=view&id=60229before the local 4th of July parade!
SylviaCub.jpg
Attachments
Cubsplit2.jpg

JustJim
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 30540

Re: 53 Cub "Little Sweetie"

Postby JustJim » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:05 pm

Well! A lovely lady and a cute Cub! Well done! :beer:

My wife just got introduced to driving the Cub. To my happy surprise, she absolutely loved it!

Potato Wilson
1946 2N (I call it a 9N)
2013 JD 3320
2015 Kubota U25
1966 JD 110

Postby Potato Wilson » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:12 pm

We finished putting the Cub back together and got her fired up this weekend. Did a test run with a temp gas tank and that was helpful. Got her tuned real nice before installing the hood/tank. We really lucked out on this tractor it runs so nice, purrs like a kitten and has no tappa tappa or nothing. Only the slightest blue smoke. I can hardly imagine that it hasn't been rebuilt, but it did have a leather front crank seal, so I'm not sure. What a remarkable little engine these have. And to think it was in production for so long. I'm actually surprised that they didn't end up being contracted out for various types of equipment, or maybe they did?
Anyway's it runs so good that we had the confidence to take it a couple miles on a shake-down cruise tonight, to the local cemetery and a nearby lake. My wife loves it! It's so fun cruising the local backroads on an antique tractor! Everyone waves and wants to ask about it. I've been taking a Sunday evening cruise pretty regularly on my 9N, and now my wife can join me on her Cub!
Attachments
SylviaCubAgain.jpg

Potato Wilson
1946 2N (I call it a 9N)
2013 JD 3320
2015 Kubota U25
1966 JD 110

Postby Potato Wilson » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:18 pm

JustJim wrote:Well! A lovely lady and a cute Cub! Well done! :beer:

My wife just got introduced to driving the Cub. To my happy surprise, she absolutely loved it!

:beer: That's awesome! Just think how many people have no idea how much fun it is to drive an old tractor :D

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:10 am

Potato Wilson wrote:... I've been taking a Sunday evening cruise pretty regularly on my 9N, and now my wife can join me on her Cub!

That's a great story! Enjoy hearing how people like and use their Cubs! I'm glad yours is running so well. A great testimony to IH's engineering AND your ability to fine tune it. :wink:

Just a word of safety: You may strongly consider adding a triangular SMV (slow moving vehicle) sign to the rear of any tractor using public roads, not matter how infrequently they're traveled. Many states, like mine, require the SMV sign. We don't want you to get into an accident and suffer any injury because you were illegal or not doing your due-diligence.

Blessings to you and hope you and your wife continue the Cub!

:tractor:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Potato Wilson
1946 2N (I call it a 9N)
2013 JD 3320
2015 Kubota U25
1966 JD 110

Postby Potato Wilson » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:58 pm

Stanton wrote: :D
Just a word of safety: You may strongly consider adding a triangular SMV (slow moving vehicle) sign to the rear of any tractor using public roads, not matter how infrequently they're traveled. Many states, like mine, require the SMV sign. We don't want you to get into an accident and suffer any injury because you were illegal or not doing your due-diligence.

:tractor:

Yes that is of course absolutely correct! The Ford has one, and I need to get one for the Cub. I certainly can’t claim to be performing agricultural chores while cruising restored tractors on a Sunday evening. I will have to ask for mercy if questioned by LE, but there are plenty of folks out there more worthy of their attention. I do occasionally pick up trash along the highway with the Ford. I have the sign on it, wear a safety vest, and keep a sharp eye over my shoulder. :D

Return to “Farmall Cubs Photos”