This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Waking up the ol' Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Willy
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 38330
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub Lil Red

Re: Waking up the ol' Cub

Postby Willy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Well, it's been right at a year since the Missus suggest I get her Grandaddy's old Cub running instead of buying a used Kubota or similar. I haven't done much on it over the summer as the shop gets awful hot and welding in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops can put you to dancin'. But I've been using it every time I think of something I can do with it.

It's not smoking near as much now and feels like it's got a lot more power than what it did when I first got it going. I'm still wanting to put some kind of a mower deck on it. I got a start on a small boom pole for it. And I found the tub for an old wheel barrow out in the barn which is probably going to be made to use with the 3 point hitch. The cargo rack pretty much stays on the Cub these days as it seems to be what I use the most with it.

The 3 point hitch got weight tested when I overloaded the trailer and the Touch Control wouldn't lift the tongue up. So, I know that the hitch is strong enough for anything the hydraulics can lift. The more I use it, the more comfortable I am about it's holding up. My wife's uncle saw it for the first time yesterday and said "That's looks to be handier than a pocket on a shirt". He thought the hitch was store bought.

Now that it's cooling off, time to get back into the shop...
Waking up the ol' Cub

Nah, it's not leaking oil. It's just marking it's territory.

Return to “Farmall Cub”