This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

you Guys Are Expensive

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

you Guys Are Expensive

Postby Mag Man » Tue May 03, 2005 6:57 am

I went to Advance Auto Parts yesterday and Napa to Get some of the things that I see you guys talk about all the time.
I bought a big tube of Dieletric Grease, A Gallon Can Of Carb Dip, A little Red Bottle Of Engine assemble Lube, I also bought the industrial size or Shop box of JB Weld, Sea Foam Deep Creep, Then I went to Napa, I got, Teflon Tape in a tube, Ignition and battery Sealer, Lubriplate Grease,
I THINK THAT WAS IT. WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO PAY THE BILL. LOL
MAGMAN

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue May 03, 2005 9:00 am

Ya shoulda gone to Wal-Mart first. They're rolling back prices, ya know.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue May 03, 2005 9:59 am

I get my dielectric grease (lower case for grease, upper case for company) for free, so does Cub Hut but he can't get it off the hood of his tractor :lol: :lol:
8)

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Prices

Postby Eugene » Tue May 03, 2005 11:21 am

Look on the positive side. You are supporting the local economy. Besides that, local and state government will wisely spend the sales tax.

Eugene

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue May 03, 2005 11:58 am

Jon, I hate to see you having such problems, so just to show you how nice I am I will come and take the cub off your hands and won't even charge you for the trip. then you can return the items you bouhgt for a refund. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Tue May 03, 2005 12:21 pm

Now come on Guys I still need somthing to try that $8.00 can of seafoam on.What good is the worlds most expensive can of penatrating oil if you dont have anything to use it on.
JON

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue May 03, 2005 1:21 pm

John maybe you could bring him one to use his seafoam on?

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Tue May 03, 2005 7:53 pm

You are going to have a nice bill! I was at car quest Saturday to get a gallon jug of the carb dip. 45.00!! I couldn't believe it. So guess what I did not buy!
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Tears

Postby Eugene » Wed May 04, 2005 12:10 am

Ya, well that ain't nothin. I tore up a drive chain and two sprockets on a Bob Cat (skid steer) this past summer. Parts were only about $200.00. Having to replace 17 gallons of hydraulic fluid brought tears to my eyes.

Eugene

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed May 04, 2005 10:11 pm

If you are not in a hurry... vinegar soak for the carb works pretty well. I choked at the price of carb cleaner too!

Used a tooth brush (old one of course) cause that's what I had.

And you can make pickles when you are done with it!

I am saving my pennies for Kroil.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Thu May 05, 2005 6:54 am

Let me tell you what I have used a lot of different penitrating agents in my life and none of them do that great of a job. This can of deep creep is just like water.PB blaster used to foam a little the stuff I bought in the gallon can doesnt, But if you leave the petcock open on the sprayer it will vulcano over night. Castle makes a can of penatrating oil that I always likes becuase it seemed to foam in to places. I saw napa had it for between 4 and 6 dollars a can but I had already bought the seafoam. Car Dib as far as I can see is just paint remover. I paid $10.00 at ADV for GUNK brand I think. Usally walmart and tractor supply carry Berrymans for about $15.00 and I know that works really well. I just saw the 10.00 price tag on this gallon can and bought it.Its the little things like the dialetric grease that got me $8.00 foe a little tube. Now I dont know what to use it on. Hate to waste it on everything that you guys use it for at that price I will probly stare at the tube for a few years .lol all together I think I blew $100.00 the other day on this Crap. Didnt really need any of it except the motor asemble lube, But I have good ol STP so I probly did not need that either. IT was just a little money burning a hole in my pocket From the cigarettes I am not buying any more been 6 weeks now that I have not touched one and they say to celibrate and buy yourself something with the extra money. Probly should have waited and set my sights higher for a new cub or something.
JON

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu May 05, 2005 7:08 am

Sometimes a "Hobby" becomes an expense :oops: ...BUT, as I see it there are 2 ways of lookin' at it. :shock: 1) You can't take it (Money) with you...Malcomb Forbes was a RICH man...but, even HE couldn't take any of his money with him! :cry: 2) After you've completed your restoration, you've got a piece of history that's appreciating in value with EACH & EVERY DAY you own it! 8) NOT TO MENTION the vast amount of PRIDE and SELF-WORTH that one gets out of accomplishing such tasks. JUST SOME "Food For Thought" boys! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu May 05, 2005 9:06 am

Congrats Mag Man. Quiting smoking is one great big favour you did for your self and your family.
I quit in 1968 and am still off them. Beverly quit in 1973 and she is still off too. Lucky my kids didn't take it up. Ed Kotch was mayor of NY and had the school kids ragging their parents about smoking. I credited my kids for getting me off the dirty weed. I think that had something to do with their never starting.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Thu May 05, 2005 5:14 pm

Yes our school did the same for the kids they think its a pretty nasty habit. Like I say its been about 6 to 7 weeks and I am just getting to where I dont look for my lighter when I change cloths or feel my pocket for the pack all the time still think about it daily but I smoked for close to 28 years. We always smoked under the fan for the stove or in our bathroom with the Fan when the kids were growing up and then when we got our new house it was close to 5 years that we smoked in the celar or outside so we would not ruin this place.Then I quit but the other half is not finding it as easy I guess I dont know if she will ever be able to do it . She is going to have to grow and make her own if she does becuase I stopped buying them for her when I quit and she does not make enough to keep buying her own.
She says she is going to try and do it next week when she is on vacation I think I will find as many things to do outside as possible next week. lol
MAGMAN

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu May 05, 2005 5:46 pm

It doesn't make it any easier when someone else in the house smokes. Eventually you will get to the point that when some one that smokes comes near you, you get a sickning smell from trhem. I can't believe that I used to smell like that is the feeling you get.
In NYC they are over $7.50 a pack.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop