This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

mag problems .

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

mag problems .

Postby brian kov » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:29 pm

well i talked to dad today and his cub that i got for him has some thing wrong with the mag . or with the timing gears being lined up , that is the answer that he is leaning towards . i figured that those gears only went on one way but im not sure . he installed the mag according to the directions but no fire till he turns the mag way towards the one side not sure which . i was gonna point him in magmans direction next if i cant figure any thing out for him . thanks for any in put
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:03 pm

Brian, since this tractor is unknown to the two of you, I would suspect the governor or idler gear to be off a tooth, since it will fire when the mag is turned all the way to one side. To check that, turn it so #1 cylinder is on TDC and see if the drive lugs are in this position.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cecil » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:03 am

I just did one that had to be turned 2 teeth from the timing marks to get it correct. That means at one time someone else was in the engine and misaligned the marks.

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:23 am

i was thinking that may have been what happened . thanks 8)
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy