This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plow Help

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:42 pm

Virginia Mike wrote:Gee, I thought I was the only one anal enought to worry about three feet of wheel track at the end of a row. :D
Best,
Mike

Mike,

You might be surprised how anal some of us can be. We're here because we care about things. 8)

More important than the end of the row is the beginning. :shock: The split allows the front section to begin at the beginning without dropping the rear section on the lawn. :lol:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

dirt devil
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 04461
Skype Name: dirtdevil919
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1963 Farmall Cub
1965 IH Cub Lo Boy
1964 Cub Cadet 100
1967 Cub Cadet 123

Postby dirt devil » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:51 pm

This past summer I thought very hard about doing the split idea but with a fast hitch I can't do it. So for a few times I would run up and down culting and hilling then take the fronts off and install the rears and cover the tracks. I know lots of work but plenty of seat time. :D I am in hopes to set up the rear fast hitch on it's own cylinder like Dan Robinson and then it will be a split system. Or convence dad to let me use his Cub with my stuff!!! All I would need then is a lift.

Dave
Dave

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:02 pm

I don't know, Dave. It sounds like the perfect opportunity (read excuse) to get a Cub for Kathryn or Hope or both. :D :D :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

dirt devil
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 04461
Skype Name: dirtdevil919
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1963 Farmall Cub
1965 IH Cub Lo Boy
1964 Cub Cadet 100
1967 Cub Cadet 123

Postby dirt devil » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Don

Trust me Hope and I would love to find a Cub for Kathryn, that would solve my issue for a short time. But I am having trouble finding the one that I want. I would love to get a 55' lo boy to match mine for Kathryn and a 77'+ for the higher horsepower. But lacking extra green paper since we are looking for a house. Once we get into a house of our own then I will look a little harder. There is a nice one that shares the same stall as mine but dad won't sell it. I told him that I would give him every penny that he paid for it :shock: and he still wouldn't budge. Oh well as long as I can use it.

Dave
Dave

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:04 pm

George Willer wrote:
Virginia Mike wrote:Gee, I thought I was the only one anal enought to worry about three feet of wheel track at the end of a row. :D
Best,
Mike

Mike,

You might be surprised how anal some of us can be. We're here because we care about things. 8)

More important than the end of the row is the beginning. :shock: The split allows the front section to begin at the beginning without dropping the rear section on the lawn. :lol:

Mike:

George has it right, some of us can be pretty anal. My gardens not only have to look good, which means all the rows have to start and end on the same line, the whole garden must be rectangular. All 3 main gardens are like that. My fruit trees and grape vines all have a specific layout to them.. partially for best propogation but also for my own particular bent on aesthetics.

I like the idea of the split option and I am going to try it this year on Ellie once I get the rest of my hydraulic project finished.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

boldpsi
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13104
Tractors Owned: 1979 IH Cub - 253598

suits me, too!

Postby boldpsi » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:17 pm

All:
what i know is that VirginiaMike's great idea solves a big problem i have right now:

not to mention the astute observation regarding getting on when the depth control lever is installed... that really is a pain. and, as can be seen in the photo, this method prevents damage to the implement mounts on the final drive and other problems arising from improper implement installation, maintenance, and/or use! :shock: i'm just glad that it was the PO who busted it originally :roll: you live and you learn! :D
boldpsi@windstream.net
1979 International Cub, rebuilt motor 1997; 5' Woods belly mower, C22 5' sickle-bar mower, 193 -bottom land plow, IH 54A push-plow/grader, heavy-duty chains, loaded tires, wheel weights. Original red commemorative paint.

2SLO
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63385

Re: Plow Help

Postby 2SLO » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:30 pm

wow! resurrecting this thread from the depths. Where do i go to see more photos of this set up??

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:06 pm

2SLO wrote:wow! resurrecting this thread from the depths. Where do i go to see more photos of this set up??

Va Mike passed away some time ago.
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

leeboy50cub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 15717

Re:

Postby leeboy50cub » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:38 pm

Virginia Mike wrote:Here is what I use.Image
More in my album.
Best,
Mike
Adapt, Improvise, Overcome

How do you look into your album???

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:02 pm

If you click on "Cubfest Host" at the far right of the toolbar, you can then search for Virginia Mike under owner and his old photos will come up. About 3 down on the left side is the one you are looking for. As Boss mentioned, he passed away but the photos are still on the host.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

2SLO
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63385

Postby 2SLO » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:00 pm

i can only find that one photo of it.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:43 pm

I didn't look before, but it appears that was the only picture he took of that setup.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein