This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Arizona Stealth Operations Cub Cap Christmas Contest

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:58 am

I would like to have a hat. I have been so poor all my life that it is hard to even afford peanut butter and jelly, much less the bread to put it on (I've been smearing it on my hand and licking it off). Here lately it has been getting hard to even get the peanut butter and jelly. I am getting so poor I have had to start chewing water to make a meal last long enough to think I am getting full. With a nice hat like that I might just be able to get up off my lazy butt and take it into the kitchen and put a little peanut butter and jelly on it and me and my wife could have a real Christmas supper (she's getting tired of chewing water too).

Well this is why I think the hat should go to the good doctor that Redman told us about. Sounds like someone that would really appreciate it. 8)

In the famous words of Wayne and Garth, "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy". :lol: :lol:
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:41 am

Hey Jim T...If ya want to talk about POOR son let me tell ya...
"I'm SO POOR, I can't afford to PAY ATTENTION" :shock:

but, with THAT being said...I still think Rick "Redman" should git Arizona Mike's BEAUTIFUL Cub Stealthin' Cap so's he can give it to the Doc fer Christmas :!: :wink: So there's MY VOTE boys :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

brianJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: k0e1k0

Postby brianJ » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:03 am

If I had a hat like that I would change my ways. Be kinder to folks, give of myself to my community, attend church on a regular basis, give blood in the proper way, help old ladies carry their groceries rather than nudging past them, no more road rage, I will be more patient with all who come in contact with me, stop cheating at cards, remove the dead fish from under my friends car seat, stop drinking whiskey before lunch, brush my teeth and floss weekly, stop stealing my co-workers pens, stop parking in handicap spaces, stop littering in my own yard, stop eating my kids Halloween candy, stop yelling " You are such a disappointment" at my sons hockey games, stay off the internet at work (like right now), stick with just one girlfriend until my wife finds out, stop stealing the flowers from the local graveyard, return the collection money to the Salvation Army, pay my taxes when I get around to it, stop dumping my garbage in the ditch outside the Mayor's house, stop feeding my neighbors dog laxative and more.
P.S. If I don't win, can I have the address of the person who does?
Go Sens Go!!!
'48 Cub slowly being stripped of dignity...
'49 Cub
'49 Cub
'50 Demo Cub
'61 Cub
172 Runner Planter
193 Plow
23A Disks
22 Mower
144 Cultivators
54A Grader Blade
No. 5A Potato Digger
JD 'R' Spreader
JD 111 Lawn Tractors

drspiff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
Tractors Owned: The '51
Blue Boy
Scout
a host of parts tractors

Postby drspiff » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:36 am

After reading this amazing thread, I am withdrawing my name from the running in favor of Redman's doctor. While it is true that I am the most deserving of entrants, if only because of my overwhelming modesty, I know that doctors need love too. I will always cherish knowing that "I coulda been a contender".

Rick (magnanimous in victory) Dulas

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:05 am

Goes to show you, the first guy, never stands a chance, and boy did i have a good sob story, but after reading Rick's, it doesnt even hold a candle........

capt_gary
10+ Years
10+ Years

I think that my wife should have this fine hat

Postby capt_gary » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:50 am

My wife dips snuff and has one front tooth missing she wears a white cap when she is cutting grass with her cub some times the wind blows the spit back on her white cap it looks sorta nasty I think that the black cap would look good on her.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Arizona Mike wrote: It’s only been worn on two stealth operations.
Wait a minute. Let's discuss this outpouring of sympathy votes for a medical doctor who is too poor to buy his own ball cap or the cute little girl who makes gingerbread houses with her mother.

Issue. This ball cap has been worn on two of Mike’s stealthy operations. This translates to Mike and the ball cap being exposed to ticks, chiggers, fleas, and other nasty pathogens. Therefore the ball cap is probably infested with some sort of highly communicable disease. Do we really want to expose the doctor or the little girl to such potential dire consequences? The doctor, in the course of medical duties, could infect an entire community. The little girl could pass along the germs and wipe out an entire generation.

A more logical and sanitary solution as to who should receive the ball cap, would be to award the cap to someone with a plan to neutralize the harmful pathogens and safeguard the public's health. Full disclosure of the my plan details will be published shortly after I take the oath of office– wait, change that, receive the Cub ball cap.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:55 pm

Eugene wrote:
Arizona Mike wrote: It’s only been worn on two stealth operations.

A more logical and sanitary solution as to who should receive the ball cap, would be to award the cap to someone with a plan to neutralize the harmful pathogens and safeguard the public's health. Full disclosure of the my plan details will be published shortly after I take the oath of office– wait, change that, receive the Cub ball cap.

As a person who is in the food industry, who better to know about sanitization of pathogens...in food and on surfaces...but me. I have a two pronged approach...first, freeze the little buggers off of the hat with sub-zero temperatures and high wind chills on the back of Merlin(cub). Second, decontaminate the hat using the brutal sun and 100+ degree temperatures of the summer...also on the back of Merlin(cub)... Once the hat is properly disinfested and decontaminated, I will then show it to the community, once again on the back of Merlin(cub) while driving him around my town... Circle Cub logo blazin a trail and recruiting new addicts...er...um...devotees to this little tractor...

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

geibes
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48442

Postby geibes » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:11 pm

I can top ya Redman. My DENTIST (a drill pusher, not a pill pusher) talks about nothing but tractors every time I go in there (and I like smarties and pop so I go in there a LOT!). He tells me how he goes to tractor shows and tractor auctions. He even stopped at a tractor store in the middle of a driving snow storm in Alaska one time.
BUT...
All he talks about are Kubota and JD tractors! He NEEDS a Cub hat.
geibes
1953 Cub - "Fenton Tiger Cub"
Spare parts - fast hitch, disk, one bottom plow, grader blade, C2 mower, wagon

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:47 pm

Lordy Lordy, Enough sob stories here to make a grown man cry. I made a note that if I ever decide to grow up I'll cry for ya. :cry: :cry: :cry: Don't matter to me who gets the hat but anyone that drinks Pabst REALLY needs help. (sorry Larry, I hadda say it.) I kept them in business for years if it makes ya feel any better :roll: :roll: Grump :wink:
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:50 pm

geibes wrote:All he talks about are Kubota and JD tractors! He NEEDS a Cub hat.

Eric, maybe Larry will send him his JD hat after he finishes his PBR.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:17 pm

Mike:

Bigdog wrote:Rick - I think you're right.

Image to what BD said. I think that would be an excellent gift. But then again, I think I am a little prejudiced. I still remember what my 04 Christmas packages did for me from the wonderful people on this forum whom I am proud very proud and honoured to call Friend... and I know that you all made a awesome impression upon Elmer's Family Doctor. So, Yup, I think the Doc should get the hat. I liked that story. Makes sense to me.

There is only one problem with this scenario...

If it goes that way.. we will definitely need to get a Super Large Sized Hat for Rick (follically challenged) Neuman .. that would be 2 in a row :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:33 pm

Well, I don't really need the hat but it is a mighty fine specimen of a hat :!: I have several cub hats and probably don't really "need" it but if I were to win it I'd give it to this little guy :D

This is my Grandson Daniel and he dosen't have a cap yet so he needs one and that Farmall Blue would look great on him (I might be a little biased :D ) It would be a great way to start him off with a cub cap :!: besides Mike he's a neighbor of yours anyway he's from Texas and just lives next door (about 800 miles :shock: ) So help a little neighbor out and start a kid off right :!:

Anyway he's on his way to see us right now and will be here tonight, can't wait, it's gonna be a Great Christmas :D Merry Christmas to all :!: :!: :!:

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:38 pm

It's a shame that boy ain't smilin' in that picture!!!!! :big smile:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:56 pm

Bigdog wrote:It's a shame that boy ain't smilin' in that picture!!!!! :big smile:

I think he's depressed cause he just found out he's gonna visit Grampa. He knows he's gonna be forced to sit on some tractor with shiny wheels and smile for everyone. Yep, I'd be frownin' like that too. :lol:
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety