This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Arizona Stealth Operations Cub Cap Christmas Contest

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Denny Clayton » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:40 pm

1. I love hats, especially CUB hats.

2. Blue has been my favorite color since childhood (Since acquiring some Cubs, red also has a soft spot).

3. It appears to be winter weight (good for plowing snow in Ohio).

4. I love the Arizona on the back. I spent my military time in Yuma at the Marine Corps Air Station. Haven't been back there in 37 years. Loved the winter weather.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

Postby Clem » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:24 pm

#1 I have no cub hats left. #2 I am taking the great American family roadtrip the Christmas Vacation to Oklahoma and could use a good driving hat.

Thnaks for the contest :lol:

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:34 pm

You could help bring me back from the 'dark side'......
And I think Sylvester Mowry (great American hero, native Rhode Islander, proponent of AZ statehood and alleged Confederate sympathizer) would appreciate the symbolism.

And... I was recently traumatized and injured on my return voyage to fetch a Cub. But the worst part is that Cub has a snow plow mounted and I can't even hobble out there to get it off to plow the snow. Ok that is whining, so I will scratch that as a reason.... but I do have so many Cubs in the big city that they are going to figure out a way to levy property tax on me.

Most importantly.... it is very stylish and I am lusting after it in my heart...

By the way, I have tried to dress up the JD hat with some 2150 paint, but it looks like I took a shot to my frontal lobe. At least I hope it's red paint.

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

cub53
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cool hat

Postby cub53 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:42 pm

I'm bald!
Brevity is the soul of wit

Alan Riley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71328

Postby Alan Riley » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:06 pm

I can't think of a single reason why I should have it, I just know that I want it! :twisted:
Old Age: The phase of life when nothing works and everything hurts...

Redman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Redman » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:19 pm

:?: :?:
Last edited by Redman on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:22 pm

Rick - I think you're right.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:03 pm

I really dont have a good reason all I can tell you is that I will wear it till its worn out . I have gotten 10 or 15 people interested in cubs just by wearing Cub hats. It is a sweet hat and I am sure who ever gets it will wear it with pride
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:04 pm

my vote is for Stacey K. in N.H., as i believe she maybe our youngest member. i think she would be thrilled to have the cap. just my 2 pennies.
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:05 pm

Rick, Great story. I agree with BD, Heck send me the bill for the cost of the hat & postage so I can make sure it gets to a deserving guy.

This year has been tough for a lot of us. Cub Family members all around have lost loved ones, and some members (GW, BD & Rudi JUST TO MENTION A FEW :!: :!: ) Have scared the HECK OUT OF US.
Last edited by Into Tractors on Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Duncan

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:17 pm

:) Cool looking hat and I would love to have it but I can't think of any reason as funny or needy as all those above.

Merry Christmas :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years

Postby Ralph » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:24 pm

Hey Mikey Ol Buddy way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon Out there in Arzonnnie. 8)
This is Yer Ol Buddy Over here in the Bluegrass State. I shure do need that Purdy cap ya got yerself that yuins is a gifting away. :big smile:
See i has done gived all my Ralphscubs.com hats away :cry: and all my olduns are all stinkied up from all the dry hot weather last summer :tears: and since they have the vent panels in them they ain't too good fer the winter weather here when it gets down to where there ain't no red tuff in the thermometer. :tears:
and you did travel all the way across the great U S of A :treadmil: two times ...yes folks he Hauled Butt 2 times all the way to Tucky to my Lil Ol Shop and went home with 2 Fine Machines. :tractor:
And Now for the Real deal maker .... :bellylaugh:
If i win the Purdy cap i shall treat ya to a fine steak dinner at the resturant of yer choice. :crazyline:
And Just so ya ain't fergittin i do have some parts i am a holdin fer ya and we ain't setteled on a price on said parts. :big smile:
Ok i have Begged told lies threatened to hold parts hostage and other wise disreguarded all the rules so i guess i am disqualified. :weaping:
and since i have already got me one of those fine Arizonia Mike hats. i shall withdraw my application But the steak dinner offer is still good :thumbsup:

So i vote fer the Doctor guy that Redman suggested
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:01 am

Well I started out with a picture of me wearin' my Arizona jacket and a story about how that jacket needed an Arizona hat (which it does). And then I was gonna say that since I had a '47 Circle Cub the hat would fit right in (and it would). Then I was gonna finish with how that hat would possibly save lives by helping keep the glare of the sun from reflecting off my head on sunny days into the eyes of passing motorist who could crash (but they haven't yet).

Then along comes Redman with this heartbreaking story about some medicine man who would give up his practice and all his worldly goods if he could only run off and live in a cold, dank barn amongst a pack of Cub loving humans, or something like that. So now I figger, what the heck, I agree with the rest of the guys, give it to the pill pusher, he really deserves it.

Now, iffen a second hat should ever appear I will gladly pass along my shipping address.

And, after all this, you still have to see my ugly face in the Arizona jacket.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:50 am

Barnyard wrote:So now I figger, what the heck, I agree with the rest of the guys, give it to the pill pusher, he really deserves it.

PILLPUSHER :!: :!: I resemble that remark :lol:
Redman's story was great and even if I am a TRUE pillpusher, the
Doctor should get the cap :)

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:29 am

Well, I can't match wits with these guys anyway, so there would be no chance for me!

I think Redman nailed it! That's a great story & a great gesture on his part. The good doc should get the hat.