This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Look at that Cub! It is ELECTRIC!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
challenger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21742
Tractors Owned: 1955 F Cub (2)
1952 F Cub
1948 F Cub
2155 JD
216 JD
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Look at that Cub! It is ELECTRIC!

Postby challenger » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:07 pm

smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

Postby smallfarm » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Solar power CAUSES global warming!! If we were to errect enough collector area to replace petro products, the area required would be staggering. Consider that some in California want to ban dark colored roofs and dark color cars to reduce the amount of AC needed. A few years ago I remember the big buzz was that the "dark" area of highways etc. was causing significant miro-climate warming -- enought to contribute to global warming. Something to think about while filling the tank. I don't think a cub at 5 -7 gallons for a hard days work is a problem. Just remember though; most electric cars run on coal.
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

tomten farm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02536

Postby tomten farm » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:40 pm

challenger wrote:Here is a recent report on the economic/environmental feasibility of the electric car.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/electric-cars-may-not-be-so-green-after-all-says-british-study/story-e6frg8y6-1226073103576

Err, this post was about an electric tractor.

Now a-days I get to and from work year-round on my electric bike , which weighs less than I do. It's Powered by the sun that falls down in my back yard. So we took one car off the road.

Havn't figured out how to diy the petrol.
Last edited by tomten farm on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At night, when all is quiet around the farm -- that's when the Tomten wakes up. He is the one who looks after everything while the farmer and his family are sleeping.

tomten farm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02536

Postby tomten farm » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:47 pm

smallfarm wrote: If we were to errect enough collector area to replace petro products, the area required would be staggering. . . . . I don't think a cub at 5 -7 gallons for a hard days work is a problem. .

Absolutely - using a whole lot less will be the name of the game. And hopefully small farmers will actually be able to afford, and obtain, some.
At night, when all is quiet around the farm -- that's when the Tomten wakes up. He is the one who looks after everything while the farmer and his family are sleeping.

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:54 pm

JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

tccanoe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40361
Tractors Owned: 55 Cub
56 100 Industerial

Postby tccanoe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:29 pm

I think we need portable nuclear power that can be taken safely from place to place as needed. Oh wait! It's called the United States Navy and they have been doing it for 40 years. The tsunami in Japan killed 26,229 people. The nuclear disaster killed one and he died of a heart attack. Yes, they have a major expensive clean-up but otherwise it was just not that bad. No big explosion with a mushroom cloud spreading over the world. Nuclear power can and will save our bacon.