This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Leak tester for sediment bowl

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Leak tester for sediment bowl

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:19 pm

With the current threads on sediment bowl leaks, I conjured up a tester. Went to ACE and got a 3/8" female npt to 1/2" hose barb. I attached two feet of clear hose with a hose clamp. The 1/2" hose barb will fit over the "stand pipe" above the threads. I went long on the hose to apply more pressure to the fitting. I've used it on two aftermarket sediment bowls and was able to locate and fix the small leaks on both.
Attachments
20231122_115605_resized.jpg
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Leak tester for sediment bowl

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:43 pm

Photos, Bob?
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:04 pm

GASKET LEAKS????? OR AT THE FITTINGS????? I've never had much problems with them....cheep gaskets mostly!!!!!
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:16 pm

Photo added to the first post. Both leaked at the shutoff. One needed the dental floss, you can't replace the rubber washer without removing the handle. I think the handles were peened on the shaft as the washer wouldn't withstand soldering temps. The other needed the seat cleaned. I found a size O drill fit close and twisted it several times to clean the seat. It left a little chatter, so I added some valve compound and turned the drill backwards to smooth the seat.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:54 pm

GOTCHA...CHINA PRODUCTS??????
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!