This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fan hub oil retaining screw

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CaperKen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: B0E3A0
Skype Name: ken.dealmpr
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub (sn 26136), named Rosalie

Fan hub oil retaining screw

Postby CaperKen » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:27 am

I tried to remove the oil retaining screw on the fan hub of my '48 Cub. The screw loosened and rotated but could not be removed from the hub. I tried to fit a narrow piece of metal between the screw head and the hub but there was no room, even for a razor blade. I also tried to grab the screw with pliers to pull it out but that did not work either. I have a spare fan assembly and tried to loosen that screw and got the same result of the screw rotating but not coming out of the hole. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JimCub48
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 56377

Re: Fan hub oil retaining screw

Postby JimCub48 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:35 am

Try a small vise grip pull and turn at the same time, you may be able to catch a thread?