This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

No oil pressure after sitting several years?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DonMountain
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65101

No oil pressure after sitting several years?

Postby DonMountain » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:23 am

I have a 1959 International Cub LoBoy that sat for 4 or 5 years due to a bad clutch. I put in a new clutch and rebuilt the carburetor, and when first firing it up there is no oil pressure. I seem to remember this happening years ago after sitting for awhile, and I had to do something to inject oil into the oil passageways or something like that. Can someone tell me what I have to do? I have new oil and filter in the engine.

Don
1959 International Cub Lo-Boy W/Fast hitch, 59 Woods, dozer blade, plow
1954 Farmall Super C W/Fast hitch, belly dozer blade
1950 Farmall M

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: No oil pressure after sitting several years?

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:37 pm

Here's a link to a "how to" that Stanton did with pictures:
viewtopic.php?f=141&t=113357
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

DonMountain
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65101

Re: No oil pressure after sitting several years?

Postby DonMountain » Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:20 pm

Thank you again very much Bob. I pulled out the dry filter I had just installed and pumped that hole full of engine oil several times as I turned the crank on the front of the engine. And when I put the filter back in along with all it's parts and fired it up I got oil pressure within a few seconds. Idled it down to the slowest speed I had the throttle stop set to on the carburetor and adjusted the idle air screw for a nice even and smooth engine speed with no stumbling. Operated the hydraulic lever back and forth 10 or 15 times to get the hydraulics back up and running after I had refilled it with Hy-Tran. So, the last thing to try is the clutch! And go remount the mower deck if that is successful!

Don
1959 International Cub Lo-Boy W/Fast hitch, 59 Woods, dozer blade, plow
1954 Farmall Super C W/Fast hitch, belly dozer blade
1950 Farmall M