This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The plaque on Cub 501 at RPRU

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: The plaque on Cub 501 at RPRU

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:52 pm

I spoke with the owner at the 2021 RPRU in DuQuoin: he was on-track with most of the restoration. 501 will only get better as time goes by and all the meticulous little things get done or changed. I, too, am glad he displays it rather than hide it away. He should be proud, he has done a good job from what I can tell from in pictures.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:24 am

Cub-Bud wrote: I, too, am glad he displays it rather than hide it away. He should be proud, he has done a good job from what I can tell from in pictures.

Yes! I agree, it's wonderful that 501's owner wants to share it with us. I remember years ago it was going to appear at a Winter Convention in WI and forum members had to BEG them for a photo!

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:45 am

Super A wrote:
Cub-Bud wrote: I, too, am glad he displays it rather than hide it away. He should be proud, he has done a good job from what I can tell from in pictures.

Yes! I agree, it's wonderful that 501's owner wants to share it with us. I remember years ago it was going to appear at a Winter Convention in WI and forum members had to BEG them for a photo!

Al

So it was at a show, in a public place and the owner was telling them they couldn't take a picture!!??? :?:

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:57 am

Clemsonfor wrote:
Super A wrote:

Al

So it was at a show, in a public place and the owner was telling them they couldn't take a picture!!??? :?:

No, it was a long time ago but it was my perception. As I recall they didn't seem to want anyone to see it unless they attended the show in person. Just really closed-mouthed anytime someone asked a question about 501. Forum members took pics of it at the convention and I think they're still here if you do some searching.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall Cub”