This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub 22 mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Vern007
Zip Code: 28602

Cub 22 mower

Postby Vern007 » Sun May 01, 2022 6:57 pm

Just got a cub 22 mower, looking for manuals so I can see what all is missing. I know cutter bar, and pitman are missing.

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Re: Cub 22 mower

Postby tmays » Sun May 01, 2022 8:48 pm

Check out the pdf manuals section here on the forum. You can find them under the links directory
Thomas

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Mon May 02, 2022 4:45 pm

Hi,
Below is the Cub 22 Mower owner's manual. It has lots of info, and shows how to put the mower on the Cub.
You don't use the manual lift lever shown in it, if the Cub has Touch Control.

http://www.farmallcub.info/galleries/ci ... _Mower.asp

Many Cub 22 Mowers use the IH tapered head bolts to hold them on the Cub.
The mowers vibrate, and the tapered head bolts help hold the mower in position.
If the mower brackets have a tapered area around the hole, they are supposed to have the tapered head bolts.

Below is a listing at TM Tractor for them.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/gb/324fp.htm

The rear bracket may have 1 hole using the tapered head bolt. It is a longer bolt than the front uses.
The drawbar is supposed to be used with the mower, if it has the later rear mower bracket, which has 2 mounting bolt holes, and a spacer welded on at the upper hole on the bracket.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/sp/445fp.htm

The upper rear bracket hole uses a regular bolt.

Tighten the mounting bolts tight, and check them some during use, they can work loose.

If your mower still has the original length lift chain, they usually have a few extra links that go at the top end of the chain.
I think there isn't anything in the manual about the lifting height of the mower.

I adjust it to this height. Look at page 12 in the manual.
The top surface of the part that the rear of the drag bar connects to, at number 1 in the manual, and the cutter bar attaches to, with the 2 pins, should be level with the ground, when the mower is fully raised.
Then the mower is close to vertical when up in the transport position, and the Touch Control is fully raised.

The front bolt, that holds the drag bar bracket in the square hole, should be a setscrew type bolt, so it digs in the bracket, and holds it from sliding out of the hole. Use a lock nut on the setscrew also.
The bracket can work loose during use, on my mower it is from the bolt wearing into the bracket.
Check it during use.
Below are pics of the setscrew and lock nut. :)
Attachments
set screw 2.jpg
set screw.jpg
Last edited by Glen on Wed May 04, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Wed May 04, 2022 8:18 pm

Hi,
I added this below to my post above, not sure if you would see it, so I posted it here too.

If your mower still has the original length lift chain, they usually have a few extra links that go at the top end of the chain.
I think there isn't anything in the manual about the lifting height of the mower.

I adjust it to this height. Look at page 12 in the manual above.
The top surface of the part that the rear of the drag bar connects to, at number 1 in the manual, and the cutter bar attaches to, with the 2 pins, should be level with the ground, when the mower is fully raised.
Then the mower is close to vertical when up in the transport position, and the Touch Control is fully raised. :)

Vern007
Zip Code: 28602

Postby Vern007 » Thu May 05, 2022 7:44 pm

Thanks, i have found i am missing a lot of parts i will try to post a pic. Hopefully I can find all the missing parts if not inwill look for a complete mower and take the two and make one.
Attachments
20220501_185243~2.jpg
20220501_185243~4.jpg
20220501_185243~7.jpg