This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Confused on where to find info on my tractor

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cayne_Watt
Zip Code: 36562

Confused on where to find info on my tractor

Postby Cayne_Watt » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:37 pm

Hey all, I’m a new member. My grandfather had this tractor on his property and I’m starting to restore it. From what I’ve gathered it’s a 1966 International Cub. It has the serial number 227988. I know in 65’ the name Farmall was dropped. So where do I find info on my year tractor. Under the Farmall Cub sections or elsewhere since it is not technically a Farmall. TIA

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Confused on where to find info on my tractor

Postby staninlowerAL » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:27 pm

Hi, from LA (Washington County). Welcome to the forum. You are at the right place, all cubs/loboys/International/Farmall will be posting on this sub forum. Now that you have made 2 posts you can look at the Quick Links tab at the top left corner of this page and find the owners manual for your tractor as well as a lot of other manuals that will be useful. I looked up your zip code and see that you are in Baldwin County, I know of at least 2 forum members that are near you. There's a lot of good information posted in the HOW TO sub forum as well. Post a picture of your tractor when you can, you might have to resize it if you get a message that the file is too large to post. Good luck.
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:30 pm

Farmall or International, the name makes no real difference. Look at the Farmall information for things that apply to your tractor. You do need to pay attention to serial number references as things changed on an ongoing basis.

SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 44410
Tractors Owned: 1968 Cub Fast Hitch
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
CS Bell No. 60 Grain Mill on a unmodified Fast Hitch Disk hitch prong
Home Made Fast Hitch Potato Plow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower
Mechanical Transplanter with side mount barrel (needs a fast hitch adapter) :)

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List
International 100 Fast Hitch Blade
Mott Fast Hitch Flail Mower

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Postby SamsFarm » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:21 pm

1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:50 am

Hi,
The Cub and LoBoy operator's manual can help you learn about maintenance that the Cub needs.

Below is the 1965 Cub and LoBoy operator's manual. The experts on here recommend people read it. It has lots of info about operation, maintenance, and lubrication. There is a table of contents on page 1, and the index begins on page 75.
It shows how Cubs originally looked in it. The lube section begins on page 59.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

It shows the electrical system that a 1965, and 1966 Cub originally had.
Cubs made after mid 1964 originally have 12 volt, negative ground electrical systems.

The Touch Control uses Case IH Hy-Tran fluid. It is sold at Case IH dealers.
There are other brands, be sure it works with IH hydraulic systems before buying one.
The manual tells how to check and change the Touch Control fluid, and remove the air from the system.
Be sure to check the fluid with the arms in the rear, or down position, the manual says.

I would check or change all the oils before using the Cub. Using a Cub with low oil in a gear housing can damage the parts in it.
There are 3 separate gear housings at the rear area of a Cub, with 3 separate oil levels to check, the transmission, and 2 final drives.

The transmissions in Cubs commonly get water in them, from rain, or condensation inside the housing over time.
Changing the trans, final drive, and steering gear oils are on page 70.

The air cleaner is an oil bath air cleaner. Dirt that is sucked in settles to the bottom of the oil cup.
The oil cup should be clean, and have clean, light motor oil in it to work right.

The operator's manual tell how to change the oils, and what oils to use.

There is a search box at the top of the page, to the right of the Farmall Cub, you can find info in posts that have been made. :)

inairam
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19342
Tractors Owned: 1948 6v - Dozer
1949 with kub klipper belly mower. mag 6v - Mom
1950 with plow, 54 blade, mott mag 6v - Roxanne
1953 54 blade, c22, wood 42 6v
1957 6v - barn Queen
1965 lo-boy with c-3 mower 12 v - Loboy
1974 Horse II 12 v c-2
1975 with woods 42-6 12 v - Horse
1979 long strip 12 v stuck engine
130 with international 1000 loader 6 v
1969 140 with bush hog tow behind mower 12 v
Terramite T-6 4WD Backhoe Perkins diesel
Memberships: Rough and Tumble Engineers Historical Association;Chapter 8 IH Collectors; IH Collectors Worldwide

Postby inairam » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:22 am

The Farmall and the international names were more marketing differences than hardware. That said the cubs did change over the years. The parts manuals are your best bet to help you figures out what your tractor looked like and parts used from the factory. They were not published every year you will need one after 1965 which is version TC-37F.

In the parts manuals if a part changed or if specs changed in the service manual, it will say "below SN XXXXX" and "above SN yyyyyy". Changes were not made with respect to calendar years. Tractors over a several-year period could be configured the same and some years several changes were introduced at different times in the same year.
When you only have 9 horsepower you need to know the names of all of the ponies!

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:34 am

Welcome to the forum
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers