This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall cub timing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
krhaskins
Zip Code: 27823

Farmall cub timing

Postby krhaskins » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:33 am

53 farmall cub. Coil and still at 6volt..Just bought from estate sale. My grandfathers old tractor …lucky to have. Tractor idles ok. But when I press clutch in rpm’s go down. In gear it has no power. I static timed it and it will not crank. Only way get it to run is about 30 degrees advanced timing. And from idle to full rpm timing advance does not change. I took distributor apart and cleaned weights springs etc. reinstalled new points condenser etc. Only one notch on pulley…Static timed on compression tdc.. won’t start unless advanced.. Runs great but can’t get timing right. Using new Harbor Freight timing light. Any help would be appreciated. I need it. Thanks so much. Kevin

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall cub timing

Postby Eugene » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:27 pm

I think your distributor is not timed to the engine. Probably off one or two idler gear teeth.
I have an excuse. CRS.

krhaskins
Zip Code: 27823

Postby krhaskins » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:48 pm

Thank you. I found issue. The valves are stuck in number 2 and 4 cylinder. No compression on those cylinders. I guess I have pull head and go thru it. Finally found problem. Thx again. !!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:25 pm

There are several possible solutions to stuck valves on this site. Try before you pull the head.
I have an excuse. CRS.