This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Final drive shims

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjack
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 49 Farmall Cub

Final drive shims

Postby cjack » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:02 am

Hi, we are rebuilding our final drives with new bearings and seals (thanks to TM Tractor). The single shim that was on the right hand final was only about 3/4 intact, I.e., not a complete circle.

Assuming I want to replace it, I am thinking of making shims using a brass shim stock (because it is easy for me to source)..

The brass comes in sheets .001", .0015", .002", .003", .005"' and .01".

Any thoughts on this plan?

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Final drive shims

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:40 am

Measure the damaged one and get/make one the same thickness. If all you change is bearings and all the other key parts are kept as they were (including on the same side of the tractor), you will likely end up needing the same shims as before.