This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Red led light strips

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brockpend
Zip Code: 43953
Tractors Owned: 1948 farmall C
1948 farmall H
1948 Farmall M
2MH corn picker

Red led light strips

Postby Brockpend » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:45 am

Ok so if one were to add under glow using led strips to a tractor how would one go about this? Would a 6 bolt battery be enough to run some small led strips that call for 12 volt? Asking for a friend

Nelson 634
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22958
Tractors Owned: 5 Cubs
1952 100
1960 460 Utility

Re: Red led light strips

Postby Nelson 634 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:02 pm

I believe the answer is yes. BUT! It would not last very long. LEDs like the right voltage. There is a direct relationship between voltage and current. Both have to be correct for an LED to last a long time.

Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia:
"Voltage sensitivity: LEDs must be supplied with a voltage above their threshold voltage and a current below their rating. Current and lifetime change greatly with a small change in applied voltage. They thus require a current-regulated supply (usually just a series resistor for indicator LEDs)."

I think you would have to get the voltage current thing just right. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will be along soon to to help you out further. And correct any mistakes I may have lead you to.
Walter

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Red led light strips

Postby Urbish » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:21 am

On the flip side you could use an inexpensive boost converter to up the 6V to 12V for the LEDs. [url]https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Voltage-Adjustable-Step-up-Circuit/dp/B07XG323G8{/url]
Jim

Circle of Safety