This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch controll rubbing gas tank

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Command52
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19954

Touch controll rubbing gas tank

Postby Command52 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:44 pm

I have had this complete tractor apart , Put back together went to install gas tank and now the gas tank is rubbing the touch control .What have i done wrong Thanks Billy
Attachments
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg (27.19 KiB) Viewed 219 times
thumbnail (1).jpg

Crimson Tim
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32736
Tractors Owned: The crew:
"John", 1952 Cub
"Paul", 1951 Cub
"George", 1958 LoBoy Cub with Wagner 45 Loader
"Ringo", 1977 Cub

So far, Paul and Ringo have arrived. John and George were supposed to follow ages ago, but apparently have gone awol. Long story.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Touch controll rubbing gas tank

Postby Crimson Tim » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:52 pm

It’s often very close. I would loosen then bolts at the top and bottom of the dashboard, try to shift the tank to the side to a more neutral location and then re-tighten the dashboard bolts.

firemedicjoe
Zip Code: 53937

Postby firemedicjoe » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:12 pm

I’m looking at mine right now. It’s close but not touching. Could it have gotten bent?

Crimson Tim
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32736
Tractors Owned: The crew:
"John", 1952 Cub
"Paul", 1951 Cub
"George", 1958 LoBoy Cub with Wagner 45 Loader
"Ringo", 1977 Cub

So far, Paul and Ringo have arrived. John and George were supposed to follow ages ago, but apparently have gone awol. Long story.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Crimson Tim » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Could be. The dashboard handles all the lateral load as well as vertical load for the rear of the tank. On one of mine, the welded corners at the bottom of the dashboard have cracked due to racking side to side, so it flexes a bit. And rubs.

In Billy’s case, it sounded like it didn’t rub prior to disassembly, so it should go together again without rubbing.